The HCM City Department of Planning and Architecture has reported to the city People's Committee on underground space planning and underground space management regulations.
The two areas that need underground space planning in HCM City include the current 930 hectare central area and the 657 hectare Thu Thiem new urban area.
The development of underground space in many countries including Japan and Singapore shows that underground space planning always follows metro network planning.
HCM City is going to open metro line No 1 next year and is preparing to build other metro lines. The underground construction space planning and supplementation of a number of other underground space points are necessary to effectively operate the subway routes and public passenger transport.
According to MOC, urban underground construction planning is part of urban planning, including general planning, subdivision planning and detailed planning. The general and detailed planning is determined by the HCM City People's Committee based on the needs of underground construction works.
It would be unreasonable if HCM City plans urban underground space for the two areas before general planning, because there is no basis to determine the conditions for connecting the underground works to the entire urban area.
Therefore, HCM City needs to create a new underground space planning first or integrate the planning into the project on the general planning adjustment it is implementing.
According to the HCM City Department of Planning and Architecture, the project on general planning adjustment by 2025 was approved by the Prime Minister in 2006. This was submitted for appraisal before the Law on Urban Planning and the decree guiding the implementation of the law took effect, when there was no study on underground space planning.
The underground space programming shown in the subdivision planning (scale 1/2000) for the 930 hectare central area and Thu Thiem new urban area is simple, only showing the locations, sphere and connection points.
The programming is just preliminary research, which cannot meet the functions, linkages and exploitation value requirements that are needed to call for investment.
However, there is still no legal basis to draw up a separate urban underground space for these two areas.
The department has proposed organizing an international competition to choose ideas for underground space development.
The result of the competition will serve as the basis for the adjustment of the underground space programming and to call for projects to develop underground spaces that come in line with plans to operate metro lines and key public passenger transport routes.
The population in HCM City is increasing and the space on the ground is becoming cramped. The research on using and programming underground space in the city began more than 10 years ago.
Phuong Anh Linh
- HCM City seeks to build airport-based urban model in Tân Bình District
- HCM City seeks to build airport-based urban model in Tan Binh District
- HCM City seeks to improve its lowly competitiveness ranking
- HCM City seeks to boost support industries
- Hanoi’s plan for underground space needs reasonable investment costs
- HCM City drafts plan for urban development along first metro line
- HCM City boosts the development of supporting industries
- Forum considers how to link up HCM City, Mekong Delta
- Brexit breakthrough: City's Christmas wishlist to keep UK competitive in 2022 unveiled
- HCM City needs legal framework for urban planning
- Legal framework for management of HCM City architecture, land space approved
- 1,000-acre Global City project to be launched in Gurgaon in ’22: Chautala
- Unleashing creativity to improve Hanoi's competitive position
- Việt Nam's tourism ministry seeks to restore visa exemption, welcome back foreign tourists via sea, road
- Viet Nam-Japan joint venture develops Binh Duong New City
- NASA Approves Crew For First Private Astronaut Mission To International Space Station
- Oscars International Feature Shortlist: Which Films Could Make The Cut
- China won't talks arms control with U.S. on Earth, Biden seeks a deal in space
- Jeff Bezos’ Rocket Company Wants to Build a Space Station
- The terrifying future space weapons – ‘rods from God’ meteorites, molten metal cannons and weaponised asteroids
HCM City seeks ideas for underground space planning through international competitions have 647 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at November 24, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.