Branding and competitiveness improvement As the cradle of late-maturity longan, Dai Thanh Commune in Hanoi’s Quoc Oai District has more than 115ha of longan under harvest. Dai Thanh is home to centuries-old late-maturity longan tree in Vietnam. Previously, each household in Dai Thanh grew several late-maturity longan trees catering for their family needs and did not focus on productivity and quality improvement. Since 2012, late-maturity longan has become a prioritized variety under Hanoi’s special produce development project, and most households in Dai Thanh have been implementing a high-quality longan cultivation model. In 2013, the Ministry of Science and Technology’s Intellectual Property Office of Vietnam granted late-maturity longan grown in Dai Thanh the Dai Thanh Quoc Oai agricultural collective trademark. Since then, Dai Thanh late-maturity longan has been exported to a number of countries and sold in supermarkets and safe farm produce stores in Hanoi. As a special farm produce of Hanoi and a strategic crop of Quoc Oai District, late-maturity longan has helped improve incomes of many farmer households in the region. According to the Hanoi Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, more than 500ha of late-maturity longan is grown in Hanoi, mainly in Hoai Duc and Quoc Oai districts…. Read full this story
- Star trio to fund and boost NYC-produced films
- Growing Greens in the Spare Room as ‘Vertical Farm’ Start-Ups Flourish
- Can Farming Save Puerto Rico’s Future?
- Farm banned for pig cruelty supplies meat to major slaughterhouse
- George Orwell's "Animal Farm": Guide to the rise of authoritarianism in the Donald Trump era?
- How Hanoi went from being bombed by Washington to hosting its summit
- Aides caution Trump as he looks to Kim summit for boost
- LYE CROSS FARM: UKEF credit cover boosts CHEDDAR maker’s export drive
- Inside Trump's Hanoi heartbreak: A long road to nowhere
- EDITORIAL: Disappointment in Hanoi
Hanoi boosts farm produce branding have 317 words, post on ven.vn at November 6, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.