An extra VND50 billion each will go to Nghe An, Ha Tinh, Quang Binh, and Thua Thien-Hue, VND70 billion to Quang Tri and Binh Dinh, VND130 billion to Quang Nam, and VND150 billion to Quang Ngai.Kon Tum Province in the Central Highlands will get VND50 million.The money will be used to continue the search for those listed as missing in floods and landslides, rebuild houses, healthcare facilities, schools, and embankments and resume agriculture.Each province will have to report their losses to the Central Steering Committee for Natural Disaster Prevention and Control and the agriculture and health ministries to get money for particular needs.In October the government had announced it would grant VND100 billion each to the five central provinces worst hit by flooding, Ha Tinh, Quang Binh, Quang Tri, Thua Thien-Hue, and Quang Nam.It also provided each with 1,000 tons of rice, medicines and disinfectants.Through October the entire central region and parts of the Central Highlands were hit by a series of storms that triggered torrential downpours, resulting in severe flooding and landslides, which caused losses worth VND17 trillion ($734.67 million).At least 235 people were killed or reported missing.Several countries and international organizations have also pledged aid.
- Severe drought hits central Vietnam
- Storm Podul forecast to land in central region on August 30
- Three die as heavy storms and flooding hit Greece
- Man in the same clothes he wore when devastating Queensland floods hit his home breaks down as court finds government WAS partly to blame for the disaster
- VFF extends sympathies to flood victims in Central region
- Fear of disease outbreak as heavy floods hit Mombasa
- Torrential rains leave four dead, eight missing in central region
- Rain and floods hit Italy and France as landslide sweeps away motorway bridge
- Two dead after massive floods hit southeastern France
- At least four dead after massive floods hit southeastern France
Government adds $29 mln to aid for flood-hit central region have 324 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at November 26, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.