Parents who home-school their children could face up to six months in prison under new measures to combat Islamic extremism in France. The bill, which was unveiled on Wednesday, will make it a crime for children to be taught at home. It is an attempt to stop children from being influenced by religious radicals, the Times reported. It comes after the murder of French teacher Samuel Paty, who was beheaded last month after showing cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed to his class during a lesson on free speech. French President Emmanuel has since spoken out strongly against radical Islam and the new bill aims to prevent hard-line beliefs from being imposed on the country’s children. Parents who home-school their children could face up to six months in prison under new measures to combat Islamic extremism in France (file photo) Other measures in the legislation include ways to ensure schools can stand against demands to tone down religious and sex education classes. They will give local councils the power to refuse separate swimming times for men and women and will also enable a crackdown on online hate speech. Mosques could also be forced to be transparent about their overseas funding to ensure… Read full this story
- Emmanuel Macron left isolated as Nato allies dismiss his claim organisation is 'brain dead'
- Emmanuel Macron meets Blackadder junior during his summit with Theresa May as he’s pictured at Sandhurst with Rowan Atkinson’s soldier son
- Emmanuel Macron admits failures as he battles gilets jaunes
- Emmanuel Macron promises to shun generous presidential pension in attempt to stop protests
- France's Emmanuel Macron urges Donald Trump not to ditch Iran deal
- Emmanuel Macron on Europe’s fragile place in a hostile world
- French Muslim student banned from school for wearing long black skirt
- Where will Archie go to school? Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will have to choose between a traditional British education, a 'holistic' and bilingual experience in Canada or home-schooling their son
- Hong Kong parents eye Singapore schools as protests linger
- Bigg Boss Kannada 7 - Contestants Turn Into School Kids For The Weekly Luxury Budget Task
French parents are to be BANNED from home-schooling their kids as part of Emmanuel Macron's fight back against Islamic extremism have 364 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 19, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.