Washington, Nov 06: an apparent attack on popular Indian-American Republican politician Nikki Haley, Donald Trump Jr has accused that “2024 GOP hopefuls” are “sitting on the sidelines” and not speaking out against the “fraud” in counting of votes as claimed by his father and US President Donald Trump.
Donald Trump, 74, is trailing behind his Democratic rival Joe Biden, who is nearing the magical figure of 270 electoral votes to win the race to the White House. The former US Vice President has so far bagged 253 votes as compared to 213 won by Trump, according to latest US media projections. To win the election, a candidate has to win at least 270 electoral college votes out of the 538 up for grabs.
The incumbent President has claimed without presenting any evidence that there has been “fraud” in counting of votes and he will legally challenge the election result.
“All of a sudden everything just stopped. This is a fraud on the American public. This is an embarrassment to our country. We were getting ready to win this election. Frankly, we did win this election…Our goal now is to ensure integrity, for the good of this nation…This is a major fraud on our nation. We want law to be used in a proper manner. So we’ll be going to the US Supreme Court,” Donald Trump told his supporters on Wednesday.
Responding to a tweet on Thursday, Trump Jr said, “This is an important point! Everyone should be watching who is actually fighting this flagrant nonsense and who is sitting on the sidelines. Republicans have been weak for decades which has allowed for the left to do these things. Let’s end that trend once and for all.”
He was responding to a Twitter user who wrote, “Where are the so-called future of the GOP? Nikki Haley is doing what?”
In a series of tweets later, Trump Jr said, “The total lack of action from virtually all of the ‘2024 GOP hopefuls’ is pretty amazing. They have a perfect platform to show that they’re willing & able to fight but they will cower to the media mob instead. Don’t worry @realDonaldTrump will fight & they can watch as usual!”
The 48-year-old former US Ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley is seen as a potential Republican candidate for President in 2024.
She also has the distinction of being the first ever Indian-American Cabinet ranking official in any administration.
Nikki Haley, who had campaigned for Donald Trump during the just concluded Presidential election, later tweeted, We all owe @realDonaldTrump for his leadership of conservative victories for Senate, House, & state legislatures.”
“He (President Trump) and the American people deserve transparency & fairness as the votes are counted. The law must be followed. We have to keep the faith that the truth will prevail,” she added.
- Mike Pence leads Donald Trump Jr. by 14 points in 2024 Republican primary poll
- Bette Midler Razzes Donald Trump Jr.'s Oddly Watery Eyes in RNC Speech Defending His Father
- US election: Pressure grows on Donald Trump to go quietly
- How Donald Trump and Sean Hannity are promoting theory Ukraine interfered in 2016 election to help Hillary Clinton
- Donald Trump's Video Removed by Facebook and Twitter for Spreading Misinformation About Coronavirus
- Donald Trump doubles down on Georgia rhetoric despite official's plea after death threats
- Prosecution close Donald Trump impeachment case with warning that former president could cause more violence
- The Three Types of Republicans Donald Trump Created
- Voting company sues Fox News, Giuliani and Powell over election fraud claims
- Donald Trump: The Things He Said Are 'Rigged' and 'Not Rigged'
- Donald Trump's Niece Mary Sues President, Claims He Swindled Her Out of Millions
- Fox Host Lou Dobbs airs debunking of election fraud claims made on his own show
- Exclusive — Donald Trump: All U.S. States Should Go to Paper Ballots, Same-Day in-Person Voting, Voter ID
- Can Donald Trump Take Up the Mantle of Jerry Falwell?
- Donald Trump may appoint daughter Ivanka as ‘running mate’ for 2024 presidential bid
- Carnage and anarchy: How Donald Trump sparked America's day of shame
- Donald Trump Overwhelms G.O.P. Rivals From Alabama to Massachusetts
- Joe Biden throws shade on Donald Trump with 'basement' jibe to kick off last weekend push
- Full Transcript: Read Mitt Romney's anti-Donald Trump speech
- Donald Trump keeps a small statue of himself in his Mar-a-Lago office
Donald Trump Jr targets Nikki Haley for lack of action over vote fraud claim have 1140 words, post on www.oneindia.com at November 6, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.