Passionately etching a story so heavily on emotions, thrill and nerve-wracking, Gatham is a work of complete first-time film-makers and actors. The team was a mix of US-based students and IT professionals who were so passionate about telling a story to masses and with a shoestring budget, they have encapsulated a film which looks and feels just like it’s done by professionals, a top-class quality effort. Kiran, director of Gatham speaks about their passion for storytelling, “Indeed. The passion was always there. What we needed is a spark that can kindle it and drive us to achieve something big. After moving to the USA, I met a group of like-minded people and soon we started realizing our dream. We knew no one would back us right away. Hence started with baby steps by making short films and learning the craft. Every decision been made and every lesson we learnt shaped the Gatham.” Throwing light on his actors and their preparation behind playing these dark characters, the director said, “It was a challenge for all of them being relatively new. Extensive preparation went into understanding the character arcs as well as their backstories. I will be asked 100 questions a day… Read full this story
- Cats director Tom Hooper reveals he just finished the film a day before its world premiere
- Not many lessons learnt from water planning failures
- No lessons learnt from Kargil, says ex-Army chief Gen. V.P. Malik
- ‘Back to the Future’ Director Clarifies If There Will Be a Fourth Film
- ‘Roe V. Wade’ Film Director Describes How Hard It Was Shooting A Film About Abortion
- Lily Collins CONFIRMS romance with Emilia Clarke's ex Charlie McDowell... as director comes to visit her in France during filming for Emily In Paris
- Female trouble: how can the Oscars fix the scandal of all-male director lists?
- Marjane Satrapi: the Persepolis director escapes her comfort zone
- Sydney film festival 2019: 10 things to see and do
- It's not just about farting corpses: 10 Sydney film festival drawcards
Director Kiran Reddy On Gatham: Every Decision Made And Every Lesson We Learnt Shaped The Film have 346 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at November 11, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.