Dr. Phu made the statement at the meeting between the Steering Board for the Covid-19 Prevention and Control and related state competent agencies in Hanoi.
He noted that according to scientists, the virus was found to be particularly persistent in cooler temperatures but the country is relaxing measures against the disease while winter is on its way; therefore, widespread transmission of coronavirus is highly likely to occur.
At the meeting, participants stressed that many people are subjective to the disease; hence they didn’t wear facemasks in public places.
Reporting his inspection tours, Director of the Department of Health in Hanoi Nguyen Khac Hien pointed out that no one in public sport areas wore facemasks but they didn’t receive penalties.
Meantime, Deputy Head of the Department of Health in Hanoi Tran Thi Nhi Ha who lead the second supervision team complained that guards in stations didn’t wear facemasks as they explained to remove facemask for eating.
A representative of the Department of Industry and Trade said that it has directed management boards in supermarket and traditional markets to measure consumers’ temperature and wear facemasks this month when most commercial centers promote consumption.
Since the high possibility of disease occurrence in the winter, Deputy Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Ngo Van Quy emphasized administrations in districts should force people to wear facemasks in public places as well as closely monitor quarantine areas and imported cases.
Supervision teams will continue touring places to check mandatory facemask wearing in hospitals, bus station, commercial centers, supermarkets and traditional markets, he added.
Concerning complaints of a big price difference between Covid-19 test in public medical clinics and private facilities with VND734,000 and VND1.2 million respectively, Deputy Chairman Quy assigned the center for Disease Control in Hanoi to carry out Covid-19 tests in quarantine wards including hotels at the cost of VND734,000; those who want to have private facility tested must pay more.
- Will follow licensing model to take GBS vaccines into late stage development: Hilleman Labs CEO
- Killer coronavirus will hit Britain 'within days': Race is on to find vaccine as UK scientists prepare to fly out to hot spots
- Failure to vaccinate fueled state’s measles epidemic
- Public health bosses urge 2,000 recent arrivals from China to call NHS if they feel ill and tells doctors to ask patients with flu symptoms if they’ve travelled to Wuhan as 14 people are tested for coronavirus in UK
- Australian research team races against the clock to make Wuhan coronavirus vaccine – but it may take six months
- Coronavirus vaccine — a race against time
- Emre Can joins Borussia Dortmund at the end of the transfer window
- CSA, Graeme Smith under scrutiny as U-19s flounder
- South Africa's Under-19 set-up under scrutiny after World Cup exit
- Victim’s family outraged as Michelle Carter given early release over suicide texting case
- ‘Madden NFL 19’ kicks off early on August 10 for PS4 and Xbox One
- Under 19 World Cup: Bangladesh Join India and New Zealand in Semifinals
- Victim's family yell 'Yes!' as drug dealer, 19, is convicted of murdering Jaden Moodie, 14, who was knocked off his moped and stabbed to death in 14 seconds of horror
- ‘Madden NFL 19’: Everything you need to know
- Veteran RAF codebreaker, 95, reveals he was told about the end of WWII in Europe 48 hours before the rest of the world... before keeping the classified message secret for 50 years
- US warns it can't evacuate ALL Americans from coronavirus epicenter in Wuhan on rescue flight that won't arrive for TWO days - as Canada confirms first case and two more are found in Chicago and Washington
- Officials in hazmat suits meet evacuation flight after it arrives at California air base from coronavirus epicenter Wuhan as all 201 passengers prepare for final health screenings and 72-hour quarantine
- Virologist heading coronavirus vaccine efforts warns the killer disease could mutate and become even deadlier - as Qantas jet waits on standby to fly stranded Australians out of Wuhan
- Killer coronavirus outbreak rampaging across the world will last MONTHS as death toll hits 106 and scientists warn a vaccine is still at least eight weeks away
- US warns it CAN'T evacuate all Americans from coronavirus epicenter in Wuhan and rescue flight won't arrive for TWO days - as Canada confirms first case after Chicago and Washington
Bulk of Covid-19 vaccine supply may arrive end of 2021, early 2022 have 717 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at November 12, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.