Vietnam and the US have become major economic partners for each other, with bilateral trade growing strongly over the years.
A strong, united and dynamic ASEAN would benefit all member countries and the United States, said Mr. Minh at the Indo – Pacific Business Forum on October 28.
|Deputy Prime Minister Pham Binh Minh speaks at the forum. Source: VGP.|
The forum was first held in Washington in 2018 as an initiative of the US, which aims to create a platform for policy dialogue and boost cooperation between governments and business communities in the region.
According to Mr. Minh, Vietnam and the US have become major economic partners for each other, with bilateral trade growing strongly over the years.
During the process, many issues have been timely addressed by both parties, as well as the signing of economic contracts worth billions of US dollars, Mr. Minh noted, adding this helps to ensure a sustainable and balanced trade relations between the two sides.
|Overview of the forum. Source: VGP.|
To date, US investors have made their presence in 20 economic fields in Vietnam, making the US the 11 th largest investor in the Southeast Asian country, with major names such as Murphy Oil, Chevron, Intel, Nike, Coca Cola, Procter and Gamble, among others.
At this forum, economic contracts worth billions of US dollars have been signed between Vietnam and the US, including a joint-venture agreement for the Son My Liquefied Natural Gas terminal between AES Corporation and PetroVietnam Gas.
In his speech, Mr. Minh said the Asia – Pacific region is home to one of the world's most dynamic and fastest economies and strategic sea routes, making the region a driving force for global growth and integration.
By 2050, the region is set to make up 70% of global GDP, in which some of the countries in the region are the US's biggest trading partners with a combined turnover of over US$1,400 trillion per year.
Mr. Minh said Vietnam remains steadfast in pursuing global integration and is actively contributing to regional and international forums for the prosperity and stability of the region and the world.
Vietnam, along with ASEAN countries, supports a peaceful, prosperous and developed Indo – Pacific region on the basis of cooperation and integration, Mr. Minh stressed.
As an economy with high level of openness, Vietnam is more and more integrated into the Asia – Pacific region, in which many economies are and would continue to be Vietnam's biggest trading partners, Mr. Minh stated.
This year's forum focused on four major topics which are cooperation in infrastructure, health, digital economy and market connectivity.
Notably, during the two-day event, there would be a special discussion on the occasion of 25 th anniversary of the Vietnam – US relations.
- New regional economic development group gets name
- Retiring Knoxville Chamber CEO Mike Edwards: Advocate for education, regional economic development
- Northern Colorado economic development group OneNOCO reboots amid questions, concerns
- Nameless regional economic group launches, selects CEO
- Central Minnesota gets new tools, staff to tackle economic development problems
- (4th LD) N.K. can't have nuclear weapons, economic development at same time: unification minister nominee | Yonhap News Agency
- Stories We’re Watching Across the Indo-Pacific
- The critical yet overlooked part of Trump's trip to Vietnam was ... Vietnam
- Why Vietnam Appeals as Possible Host for Trump-Kim Summit
- South China Sea TINDERBOX: Vietnam blasts Beijing 'ATTACK' on boat
- Knoxville Biz Ticker: Cliff Hawks steps down as CEO of Cherokee Farm Development Corp.
- U.S. Delivers 6 Patrol Boats to Vietnam amid Thawing Relations
- Episode 9: The Role of War
- 5 reasons Vietnam was selected to host Trump’s second North Korea summit
- Vietnam Summit Hosts Offer North Korea a Model: Cozy Up to the U.S.
- The Pacific Pivot: How Obama’s Massive Foreign Policy Shift Ended Up In Tatters
- Vietnam's history holds lessons for Trump and Kim ahead of summit, PM says
- Trump to Meet With Kim Jong-un in Vietnam
- China's next economic czar: Harvard-trained Xi adviser
- Australia's plan to challenge China in the South Pacific
Vietnam welcomes US role in Indo-Pacific region for economic development have 650 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at October 29, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.