Why ‘The South Lands’? The nation of Australia derives its name from the Latin word ‘Australis’, denoting European legends of a great land mass at the southern end of the world. This is similar to the word ‘Nam’ in Vietnam, meaning ‘south’, creating the common bond of both countries as the ‘South Lands’. Floyd & Mademoiselle at state banquet. This photo was taken at the state banquet of Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc for Prime Minister Morrison, the very first day Floyd and Mademoiselle met each other in person. The folk/rock album incorporates both European instruments like guitar and keyboards, as well as Vietnamese instruments such as the Dan bau and the Cong chieng. Opening instrumental track ‘6, Ngo hoi vu’ is named after the address of music venue the Hanoi Social Club, where both musicians have performed and through which they were introduced by the Club’s owner. Floyd and Mademoiselle met in person for the first time in August 2019, only hours before their debut performance at a state banquet hosted by Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc to welcome Australia’s Prime Minister Morrison. Lead single ‘Let it shine’ was co-written by both artists. Floyd wrote the song as a… Read full this story
- South Sudan's growing bastion of Australian-based players
- Knicks land in Milan, Italy, where native Danilo Gallinari announces release of autobiography
- Off-duty South Australian police officer investigated over video of wombat attack
- South China Sea outrage: Furious Vietnam heighten Beijing tensions in new move with India
- Listen: From Charli XCX to Peter Frampton and more, a playlist of songs by musicians playing in Seattle Oct. 4-10
- An Artist Who Pushes the Borders of His Studio Into the Streets
- South China Sea panic: ‘Region on the brink’ as Beijing’s real mission in area revealed
- South China Sea tensions surge: Vietnam urges India to back them against Beijing
- Alexander Downer: the Australian blue blood accused of being an anti-Trump 'spy'
- Artist Sarah Lucas on Revelations, Genitalia, and the Potential of Eggs
The South Lands – a collaboration between Vietnamese Artist Mademoiselle and Australian musician Floyd Thursby - released have 346 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at October 30, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.