In a fresh land scam that has come to light in the city, a few tenants who have various commercial set-ups, such as garages and small eateries, on a plot of land belonging to the Aundh Sansthan Gayatri Devi Bhagwantrao Pant Pratinidhi family, allegedly tried to sell it off by signing a
A complaint with regard to the alleged fraud was registered at Vishrambaug police station on Tuesday by Balraj Arun Wadekar, the personal assistant (PA) of Gayatri Devi; she is the owner of the said plot. Police have made three arrests in connection to the case. According to the cops, the arrested men have been identified as Shashi Shankar Podwal (59, resident of Alandi Road, Yerawada), Asif Jalil Khan (61, resident of Marve Tier) and Anwar Yunus Khan Pathan (54, resident of Gokhalenagar).
“Gayatri Devi, a representative of Aundh Sansthan, owns the plot on Tilak Road, which was given on lease to Asif and Anwar as sub-tenants. According to the complainant, the duo conspired and made a fake agreement paper relating to the land. The accused forged the signatures of Gayatri Devi Bhagwantrao Pant Pratinidhi and her daughters Charushila Raje Bhagwantrao Pant Pratinidhi and Harshita Raje Bhagwantrao Pant Pratinidhi. They then tried to sell off the land to Shashi Podwal although the land still legally belongs to Gayatri Devi,” informed investigating officers related to the case.
According to the first information report (FIR) filed, the plot with the address Survey No 458/1, Tilak Road, Sadashiv Peth, was given on lease to Asif. He and the other two accused approached a certain Vijay Parikh and tried to falsely sell it off to him. Police are also investigating if Parikh has any role to play in the alleged scam.
But the third accused, Shashi, has told the cops during police interrogation that he had already paid a sum of Rs 3,90,00,000 to Gayatri Devi. Police are investigating his claim and trying to verify how he made the transactions, if at all. A photocopy of the
Accused Anwar misused the good relations he had with Gayatri Devi and her daughters, the complaint further states, adding that he was the one to forge the signature of the owner of the land. Police are also probing whether false documents were prepared by the accused and who else helped them realising the alleged crime.
According to sources, Wadekar, Gayatri Devi’s PA, is a realtor and has been trying to buy land in Pune to develop. He apparently saw the land in question on Tilak Road and wanted to know its details. It was much later that he seemingly came to know that the owner of the plot (which he suspected was mired in shady dealings) happens to be Gayatri Devi. Wadekar then approached police.
The accused tried to sell off the land belonging to Gayatri Devi. Wadekar, her PA, got a whiff of the scam and approached the police
Commenting on the case, Bachchan Singh, deputy commissioner of police, crime branch, told Mirror, “The accused tried to sell off the land belonging to Gayatri Devi. Wadekar, her PA, got a whiff of the scam and approached the police. Three people have been arrested in relation to the case and further investigation is underway. A case has been registered against the accused under sections 420 (cheating), 465 (forgery), 467 (forgery of valuable security, will), 468 (forgery for purpose of cheating), 471(fraudulently using electronic record) and 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention) of the
- Meghan Markle moaned she ‘gave up her entire life’ for the Royal Family, bombshell biography claims
- Kate Middleton and Prince William hit back at claims Meghan Markle and Prince Harry were shunned by Royal Family
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were jealous of William and Kate getting the best official roles and felt 'cut adrift' by the Royal Family, sensational Finding Freedom biography claims
- Prince Harry ‘compared dealing with royal institution to standing in front of a firing squad’
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s new book isn’t a royal biography – it’s a bloodbath
- Chinese students in Australia are being scammed into faking their own kidnapping
- Just one side of the story? Royal expert says it's clear Finding Freedom authors have spoken to people 'close' to Harry and Meghan as couple deny involvement in book that airs their grievances - and 'backs up what's already been said'
- How Prince Harry was FIRST to say 'I love you': Royal and Meghan Markle knew after first two dates that they 'would be together', bombshell biography reveals
- Schoolboy, 15, admits selling £2 ‘Donkey Kong’ ecstasy pill to 13-year-old who died in park
- Meghan Markle ‘set up photo opportunities with paparazzi when she worked on Suits’ – so did the royal couple cooperate with their new biography’s authors?
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry latest news: Ex-royals sue photographer over Archie pic as memoir due next month
- British mother who went on the run for three years with her daughter after leaving her lesbian partner for her ‘sperm donor’ ‘asked police to buy her children ice creams when she was caught by officers landing a dinghy in Jersey’
- 50 years on: An ode to the land of the rising sun and Nigeria’s inconvenient truth (part 2)
- 'The land is still here': A Black farmer's fight for his legacy during Covid-19
- Cozy Lake Tahoe cabin where business magnate Howard Hughes hosted parties with John F. Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe sells for $17.5million
- Rebekah Vardy looks sensational in a black swimsuit as she enjoys family break to Ibiza with husband Jamie and their children amid her WAG war with Coleen Rooney
- Mountains of rat-infested rubbish pile high outside family homes left to rot for at least three weeks
- Chinese students tricked into ‘virtual’ kidnap scam forcing desperate families to pay £1million ransoms in Australia
- How Harry and Meghan considered ambushing the Queen: Couple's plan to dash from airport for showdown with the Queen, 94, immediately after landing in UK from Canada is revealed in new book
- More than 600,000 British tourists on holiday in Spain now a face two-week 'house arrest' quarantine amid scramble to return home after bombshell axing of 'air bridge' - throwing their working lives into fresh disarray
Scammers try to sell land owned by Aundh royal family, arrested have 1237 words, post on punemirror.indiatimes.com at October 29, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.