The British TV presenter spent the summer claiming the Duke and Duchess of Sussex breached royal conventions on political neutrality.
His remarks came after they spoke out against hate speech and online misinformation in the context of calls for Americans to vote.
However, Morgan — a long standing critic of Meghan and Harry — told the Guardian he does not really care about them.
The Good Morning Britain host said: “My son Stanley said: ‘Dad, why do you care so much about Harry and Meghan?’ and I said: ‘I don’t really.’
“And he said: ‘Well, it looks as if you do’.”
During the interview to promote his new book Wake Up , Morgan appeared several times to concede that his outrage is partly a performance.
He claimed he is best on serious subjects like the coronavirus pandemic and the Iraq war, but gets bored during normal times.
He told the newspaper: “When there’s nothing really going on and I’m creating a few firestorms because that’s my instinctive nature, that’s me at my worst.
“Just a bit bored, sinking my fangs, which can be ferocious, into fairly inconsequential things, contributing to the general culture wars in a not-particularly-helpful manner.”
Morgan also repeated his claim that he is upset because he was previously friendly with Meghan until she “ghosted” him after meeting Prince Harry.
He said: “If Meghan Markle had done to you what she did to me, you would have been pissed off.
“I literally put her in a cab from my pub after a two-hour chat.
“The moment she got in that cab, she went to a dinner party where Harry was.
“The next night they had a one-on-one at Soho House or wherever it was and I never hear from her again. Gone.”
It comes after Meghan this weekend claimed to be the most trolled person, male or female, of 2019.
She told the Teenager Therapy podcast: “I’m told that in 2019 I was the most trolled person in the entire world—male or female.
“Now eight months of that I wasn’t even visible. I was on maternity leave or with a baby but what was able to just be manufactured and churned out, it’s almost unsurvivable.
“That’s so big you can’t even think about what that feels like because I don’t care if you’re 15 or 25, if people are saying things about you that aren’t true what that does to your mental and emotional health is so damaging.”
Morgan today criticised Meghan for the remarks, claiming that Adele was trolled more often.
His comments appear to be based on research by gambling site Online Casino.
He said: “Adele was first as she lost weight and all the people who loved her for being fat trolled her.
“If you lose weight and get healthy and get trolled.”
He added: “I get the most trolls from Meghan Markle fans.”
- This is the colour scheme Meghan and Prince Harry will go for on their wedding day, according to royal expert Andrew Morton
- The 'Markle sparkle': Why Prince Harry's fiancée reminds people of Princess Diana
- Why I fell in love with Meghan Markle
- Meghan Markle’s dad, 73, seen working out ahead of Royal wedding in biggest hint yet that he’ll walk her down the aisle
- Priyanka Chopra hails Meghan Markle a 'princess for the people'
- We imagine the Mills & Boon version of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s royal romance — plus you can win a copy
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle attend Invictus Games reception
- Meghan Markle’s best friend Jessica Mulroney jets in to help the royal bride-to-be with final wedding plans
- Feminist Germaine Greer’s bleak prediction for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle as she slams royals
- The moment Meghan Markle gets married on Suits in her final ever appearance as Rachel, three weeks before Prince Harry wedding
- Meghan Markle's brother says their family is torn apart over royal wedding snub
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle invite BGT star to perform at royal wedding as more details about big day emerge
- Meghan Markle's family still don't know if dad Thomas will be at wedding
- Meghan Markle's rise from child activist to global star to future royal explored in CBS News special
- Win two tickets to our Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Royal Wedding special event
- Prince William, Prince Harry, Meghan Markle attend Anzac service in London
- Belfast boy refuses to hand over Easter egg gift to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
- Has Priyanka Chopra Already Received Invite For Prince Harry-Meghan Markle Royal Wedding?
- Meghan Markle's brother writes explosive letter to Harry warning him off wedding
- ‘Free spirit’ Meghan Markle named in Time’s most influential list
Piers Morgan Says He Does Not Really Care about Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have 796 words, post on www.newsweek.com at October 12, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.