Man, deputy commander of the 4th Military Region of Vietnam People’s Army that oversees the central region, was one of 13 members of a rescue team buried by a landslide in Thua Thien Hue Province’s Phong Dien District. Their bodies were retrieved Thursday at ranger station 67.On Sunday morning in Vinh, the capital town of Nghe An Province in central Vietnam, Man had joined a meeting to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the 4th Military Region.He was shaking hands and chatting with his comrades when his superiors called him and asked him to proceed to Thua Thien-Hue immediately. The central province was heavily flooded, tens of thousands of houses were submerged and many areas were isolated by landslides and flooding.”The handshake and words of encouragement on that day (Sunday) was the last time we met,” Major General Nguyen Duc Toi, former deputy chief of staff of Military Region 4, recalled.Toi remembered Major General Man as someone who was “willing to fight and not afraid to suffer difficulties since he was a young officer.”On 4 p.m. Sunday, a working team led by Man arrived in Phong Dien Commune, Phong Dien District, Thua Thien Hue Province.After assessing the situation, the group immediately… Read full this story
- Humble Zlatan? 'I'm a man of the people'
- New York Knicks: Joakim Noah Is A Man Of The People
- Middlesbrough star Marten De Roon is a man of the people, helps young fan with homework
- EPL notes: Man City leans on Raheem Sterling in comeback win over Arsenal
- The New Orleans Saints must stop Eli Manning’s new secret weapon Sterling Shepard
- Nothing very Manly about these Sea Eagles
- Manly vs Storm Grand Final is a certainty. Or is it?
- Ali to be mourned with traditional Muslim prayer service
- John Kerry says D-Day 75 especially important because 'Europe is challenged' and 'people are pulling at institutions' - as he and Pelosi steer clear of talking about Trump at American ceremony
- PFA Young Player of the Year shortlist: Raheem Sterling leads charge for award alongside team-mate Leroy Sane
Major General Man: Shocked peers, people mourn sterling soldier have 357 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 17, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.