Cat Lai Port in HCM City. Small and medium-sized logistics enterprises need to embrace digital transformation to enhance their global competitiveness post-pandemic, an online conference on the logistics industry heard recently. (Photo: VNA) HCM City (VNS/VNA) – Vietnamese logistics firms, especially small and medium-sized ones, need to get up to speed on digital transformation to enhance their competitiveness if they want to enter global markets after the pandemic ends, experts have said. Nguyen Ngoc Dung, Vice Chairman of the Vietnam E-commerce Association, said it is high time that SMEs realised the advantages of and the urgent need for digital transformation, pointing out that most of them have remained slow in embracing it. “Successful digital transformation will bring many benefits to businesses such as reducing costs and enabling them to access all markets.” A shipper in Vietnam delivers two parcels a day on average since it takes time to locate addresses and wait for recipients to collect the order, whereas a shipper in a developed market could deliver 200 a day with map data to optimise routes, he said. “High logistics costs not only affect the competitiveness of goods, but also pose an obstacle for businesses when entering new markets.” He… Read full this story
- What's Holding Your Business Back from Becoming Digitally Mature?
- Rooney urges Man United to hire Pochettino
- All new cars to be fitted with speed limiters by 2022 that slow your vehicle down as you’re driving
- League of Ireland rivals urge FAI to appoint Dundalk's Stephen Kenny as Republic of Ireland boss
- Mahindra’s digital drive gives new fillip to its PV sales
- Under Armour raises the bar on digital fitness
- Dealers see surge in digital marketing spend
- Police launch week-long speeding crackdown
- Speed cameras won’t fine you until you’re more than 10 per cent OVER the limit – but is your car’s speedo accurate?
- 2020 Ford Mustang R-Spec @ Top Speed
Logistics SMEs urged to speed up digital transformation have 326 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 8, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.