International visitors to Vietnam in October, 2020 were estimated at 14,800, up 7.6% over the previous month and down 99, 1% over the same period last year. Illustrative image (Photo: VNA) The information was officially announced by the General Statistics Office on October 29. Generally, in the ten months of 2020, foreign visitors to Vietnam were estimated at 3.8 million, down 73.8% over the same period last year. According to the report, Vietnam is still not open to international visitors; international visitors to Vietnam in October are foreign experts and technical workers working on projects in Vietnam. Visitors are mainly from Asia, accounting for 73.2% of the total number of international visitors to Vietnam, but still down 75.8% over the same period last year. In particular, visitors from three markets China, the Republic of Korea (ROK) and Laos accounted for 70% of visitors in October. However, visitors from major markets still fell sharply. Accordingly, visitors from China decreased 79.4% over the same period last year, the ROK down 76.2% over the same period last year, Japan down 74.1%; and Taiwan (China) decreased 74.4%. Facing the impact of the “double punch” caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, the Vietnamese tourism industry is… Read full this story
- International visitors boost Wiltshire tourism
- International visitors flocking to Lake District
- Slight increase in advertised salaries as average passes £32,500
- Work on project to attract international visitors to Broads National Park underway
- Slight increase in precept after town budget set
- The number of ‘Line of Duty’ police in internal investigation departments has increased by 10 per cent in the last year
- Exchanges see slight increase in trading volumes on MiFID day
- Would a tourist tax really help us manage the influx of visitors?
- National Trust in 'misleading' Giants Causeway signs row to charge visitors
- Vietnam's floating market struggles to stay above water
International visitors to Vietnam see slight increase in October have 301 words, post on dtinews.vn at October 30, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.