HÀ NỘI — Thousands of runners from across the world will participate in the VPBank Hanoi Marathon ASEAN 2020 (VPHM) on Sunday.
To comply better social distancing, the race organising committee has decided to trim the size of the event from the expected 8,000 to 10,000 people to 5,500 people, of which 3,000 will join the race directly in Hà Nội and about 2,500 will compete at mini race spots throughout the country, in ASEAN and some other countries.
The start line is located in front of Bà Kiệu Temple, Hoàn Kiếm district and VPHM will take runners through six Hà Nội districts, with tracks going past heritages and architectural works such as the Old Quarter, Long Biên Bridge, West Lake, Hồ Chí Minh Mausoleum and several historic buildings part of the capital city’s history and development.
Runners competing in the VPHM categories will start every two hours.
The start times will begin at 00:00 on October 18 for the 42km full marathon, at 3am for the 21km half marathon, at 4.30am for the 10km distance and at 8am for the 5km category.
There are also multiple slots for starting at each time to ensure the marathon is safe for all.
“With the slogan ‘Meet sunrise – Welcome to New Normal’, the VPHM has become the official event of the ASEAN 2020 Chairmanship, and it will also be the first large-scale community activity to mark a new period, a ‘new normal’ life after the COVID-19 pandemic in Viet Nam as well as in the entire ASEAN bloc,” said a representative of the organisers.
“When most international marathons have been postponed or cancelled, the successful organisation of the VPHM carries a special meaning for Viet Nam’s image, showing a safe country, ready to open doors for integration and welcome foreign visitors when the pandemic has been spectacularly controlled.”
Held annually since 2018, the VPBank Hanoi Marathon is recognised as a member of the Association of International Marathons and Distance Races (AIMS), with the running course standardised by AIMS experts.
Runner’s results at the competition this year can be used for qualification for the prestigious Boston Marathon.
The VPHM 2020 times will also be officially recognised for runner qualification to compete in the SEA Games 2021 to be held in Việt Nam. — VNS
- Sadiq Khan's 'new normal': London Mayor offers bleak glimpse into city's future with public wearing PPE, bars and restaurants still closed, pupils and workers forced to use Tubes in shift-patterns... but plenty more cyclists
- Former FDA chief warns that rising coronavirus infections across America will be 'the new normal' as states start to reopen - apart from New York, which remains locked down
- Sound Off: How are Realtors, buyers and sellers adjusting to the “new normal” caused by COVID-19?
- Tennis readies for new normal
- Coronavirus: Screensavers are the only signs of airport life in flying's 'new normal'
- Masks, temperature checks mark 'new normal' at restaurants
- Masks, temperature checks mark ‘new normal’ at restaurants
- Masks, temperature checks, customers’ logs mark ‘new normal’ at US restaurants
- Let us know what the 'new normal' means
- Sports in times of COVID-19: From Sachin Tendulkar to Bhaichung Bhutia: Top Indian stars foresee new normal
- Suzanne Gosselin: Coronavirus is new 'normal' -- Here's what this parent wants to share
- Communication in the Time of Covid-19: Navigating the New Normal
- Spotlight: Pandemic-stricken European tourism braces for uncertain "new normal"
- Coronavirus: 'The new normal' - This is how the UK might operate once lockdown is eased
- As virus cases rise, UAE adjusts to a new normal in pandemic
- Nose-diving salaries the new normal for athletes worldwide
- Oakland University Student Congress welcomes new president, VP
- ‘India is an unpredictable country,’ Top Indian stars foresee new normal once pandemic mayhem ends
- 30% Capacity, No Restauarants: The New Normal at Indian Airports Takes Shape
- Companies filing for bankruptcy: A new normal in the age of coronavirus
Hà Nội international marathon to welcome 'new normal' have 662 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 16, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.