The Hanoitimes – Flags and banners decorate streets of the city and create a joyful and exciting atmosphere to welcome the big festive event of the capital.
National flags, flowers, banners and slogans are decorate Hanoi's streets to mark the 1,010th anniversary of Thang Long – Hanoi and the 66th anniversary of the capital's Liberation Day (October 10).
|The municipal People’s Committee has requested the People’s Committees of districts and towns to urgently perform the tasks detailed in the celebration plans of the city, closely cooperate with related agencies, departments and branches with the focus on implementing the decoration work for major events.|
|Specifically, the highlights of the activities include the incense offering ceremony to commemorate King Ly Thai To (the founder of Thang Long – Hanoi) at the relic sites such as Do temple (Bac Ninh province), the ancient capital of Hoa Lu (Ninh Binh province) and the Imperial Citadel of Thang Long (scheduled to be held on October 9); a ceremony to commemorate the 1,010th founding anniversary of Thang Long – Hanoi and the city's Patriotic Emulation Congress for the 2020-2025 period.|
|Hanoi will be sparkling with billboards, banners and flags to create a joyful and exciting atmosphere to welcome the major celebration of the capital.|
|A prolific communication campaign will be launched which includes erecting 25 panel clusters at the capital's entrances and main street junctions; lighting up ten main streets and avenues, installing 1,500 flag racks around Hoan Kiem lake area and main streets.|
|The activities include the opening of seven exhibitions displaying books, photos, calligraphy, releasing six books and screening six documentary films about the history of Thang Long – Hanoi.|
|On this occasion, Hanoi's streets, small alleys, and public places are tinted red with many banners and slogans.|
|A large billboard on Dien Bien Phu street.|
|A view of the large panel at the intersection of Thanh Nien – Quan Thanh street.|
|The slogans "Promote the 1,010-year tradition of culture and heroes Thang Long – Hanoi, build the capital increasingly modern and civilized".|
Photos: Ngoc Tu – Duy Khanh (Kinh te & Do thi)
- Fascist supporters of Spanish dictator General Franco protest against his remains being exhumed as they mark 44th anniversary of his death while topless feminist counter protesters clash with police
- New York City celebrates WorldPride marking the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall riots and start of the gay rights movement - as 3 MILLION people flood into Manhattan to join the party
- Serbia condemns drone flag stunt at Albania match
- Hundreds of Hong Kong anti-government protesters march on the city's US consulate waving stars and stripes flags to thank American lawmakers for supporting pro-democracy demonstrations
- Rep. Elijah Cummings' flag-draped coffin is carried out of the U.S. Capitol after he became the first African-American lawmaker to lie in state ahead of the sharecropper's son's Baltimore funeral where Barack Obama and Bill Clinton are slated to speak
- What it's really like to be a shopkeeper in the 'dying days' of the high street: Real-life retailers who starred in Visa's Christmas ad reveal they work through the night and must adapt to survive
Flags and banners decorate Hanoi streets to mark capital anniversary have 516 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at October 5, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.