In March, Disneyland Paris closed to aid in the fight against Covid-19. The two theme parks and seven Disney-owned hotels were closed for months during the ongoing pandemic. The parks were able to reopen in July with new health and safety measures including hand washing and hand sanitizing stations around the parks and resorts, social distancing indicators in attraction lines, and limited guest capacity.
In a statement Disneyland Paris said, "In line with latest direction from the French authorities, Disneyland Paris will be closing end of day on October 29th.
In anticipation of celebrating the Christmas holiday season we will be taking reservations from December 19 – January 3 and hope to be open based on prevailing conditions and government guidance at that time.
Disneyland Paris will be closed from January 4 through February 12.
Please check back on the website for regular updates. If you have a booking with us during the above-mentioned periods, please check here for our latest commercial conditions .
We thank you for your continued loyalty and understanding during this difficult period."
Disneyland Paris is not the first Disney theme park to close for a second time during the pandemic. In July, after reopening successfully, Hong Kong Disneyland closed due to an uptick in coronavirus cases in the city. The park was temporarily closed for over two months until the park was allowed to reopen for a second time September 25.
The closures of the Disney theme parks around the world have been tough on the Walt Disney Company . During the last Disney earning call , Disney reported a quarterly loss of nearly $5 billion. This was in part due to the 85% revenue change in the Parks, Experiences, and Products segment, which includes the Disney theme parks and resort hotels.
Disneyland Paris is't the only park currently closed. The Disneyland Resor t in Anaheim, California has not been allowed to reopen since its initial closure in March, equating to the loss of thousands of jobs and millions of dollars for not only Disney but the Southern California economy. Josh D'Amaro, Chairman, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products has pleaded multiple times with the California government on reopening the Disneyland Resort by saying, "We're ready and, more importantly, it's time."
The closure of Disneyland Paris could be an indicator of what could be to come with the other Disney parks around the world if the pandemic continues for many more months.
- Weekend Disneyland Paris breaks for less than £150pp – with a four star hotel, flights and park tickets included
- What can Iowa do to combat meth's second wave? Diversion and detox would help, experts say
- Here's Why Paris will be in the Spotlight Next Month
- What’s the most popular ride at the Disneyland resort?
- Wave pool contest in Central California farmland showcases surfing of the future
- Can Stockholm survive its ‘third wave of growth’?
- Massive wave in New Zealand biggest ever recorded in southern hemisphere
- Atelier des Lumières and Musée Yves Saint Laurent: Visit these New Museums in Paris
- Paris attack: Knifeman who killed one and injured four was French national born in Chechnya
- Paris Knife Attacker, Born in Chechnya, Was on Terrorism Watch List
- Hero climbs up outside of Paris building to save child dangling from balcony
- How to Get to Paris' Largest Flea Market
- France condemns Trump over claim armed civilians could have stopped 2015 Paris attacks
- Paris attack latest: Isis claims responsibility for multiple stabbing in Opera district
- 'Spiderman' who saved child by climbing up outside of Paris building is invited to meet President Macron
- Victory Day 2018: Russia commemorates Nazi Germany's surrender and end of Second World War
- Lacklustre Man Utd seal second with stalemate at West Ham
- Two St. Paul institutions closing this week — restaurants Ward 6 and Fern's Bar & Grill
- This brave Burton tot will go to Disneyland after her cancer treatment
- Vintage Disneyland: See these blast from the past photos
Disneyland Paris Is Closing Again Due To A Second Wave Of Coronavirus have 711 words, post on www.forbes.com at October 29, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.