Hanoi (VNA) – A Vietnam Technology and Energy Forum convened on September 17 to boost technological applications for effective use of traditional energy sources and transfer of new energy technologies .
Speaking at the forum, Deputy Minister of Science and Technology Tran Van Tung highlighted the progress made by the energy sector and the shortcomings it faces due to the shortage of domestic supply.
He said the sector prioritises boosting the research, application, and development of energy technology. To master new technologies and promote development of local ones, there is a need for the involvement of ministries, sectors, localities, businesses, and investors, he added.
The deputy minister noted that the Government has worked to improve energy effectiveness via setting up a legal framework, diversifying supply sources and giving support to renewable energy , while putting forth measures to mobilise investment into the sector, among other measures.
Participants shared their views on the Government's related policies and orientations as well as energy support programmes.
They talked about issues related to the policy for sustainable infrastructure development for energy-related manufacturing and services, energy restructuring in line with sustainable energy development , and technology trends in the world and the possibility of their application in Vietnam.
They also exchanged views on measures to step up international cooperation and policy-planning capacity, the development of power systems in line with national energy security, and credit incentives for high-tech energy projects, among others./.
- Technology solutions sought to develop digital economy in Vietnam
- How coronavirus 'deniers' are using Facebook, WhatsApp and YouTube to spread conspiracy theories and misinformation about the deadly disease
- Promoting national solidarity, cooperation in COVID-19 fight: PM
- Thai energy firm to invest $457 mln in Vietnam solar farms
- Policies needed to encourage investment in waste-to-energy
- Zoom, the video conferencing app everyone is using, faces questions over privacy
- High-tech tracker developed to track tiny animals
- Inox to use new Dolby audio tech in theatres across India
- DRDO uses 'tech for submarine' to make special suits for medical staff fighting coronavirus
- Pillar of Einstein Relativity Theory Holds Firm as Speed of Light Tested at Highest Energies Yet
- Life After Coronavirus: What Major Shifts Can Energy Markets Expect After End of Pandemic?
- Vietnam standing ready to digitalise through EU synergy
- Visa and NextPay sign MoU to promote cashless payments in Vietnam
- Coronavirus tech conference cancellations list: Apple WWDC, Microsoft Build, E3, NAB, Gartner, Dell World and more
- Vietnam saves over 800 million VND worth of electricity during Earth Hour
- COVID-19 will slow the global shift to renewable energy, but can't stop it
- High-tech contribution to agriculture
- Only one new case of COVID-19 reported in Vietnam today
- Businesses cheer European ratification of unique trade pact with Vietnam
- Awesome Tech You Can’t Buy Yet: Lego-style waffles and a no-touch door opener
Vietnam tech and energy forum promotes effective use of energy have 467 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 17, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.