The department would spend $55 million to combat cross-border crimes across the Mekong region and $1.8 million to support the Mekong River Commission (MRC) in sharing water resource data for policy planning, it said at the first Mekong-U.S. Partnership Ministerial Meeting, held online.The rest of the money would be spent on disaster management projects and facilitating multilateral policy dialogues regarding development across the Mekong region, according to a press release by the Vietnam’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs.Also at the meeting, the Mekong-U.S. Partnership (MUSP) was announced, based on Lower Mekong Initiative (LMI) initiated by the U.S. in 2009. MUSP would aim at promoting peace, stability and prosperity in the region, as well as helping to realize the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals and the 2025 ASEAN Community Vision.The partnership would also “uphold ASEAN principles to be central, open, equal, consensual, mutually beneficial, transparent, respectful towards countries’ sovereignty without interference and towards international law as well as regulations and laws of member countries,” ministers said at the meeting.MUSP is expected to focus on economic connectivity, sustainable management of water and natural resources and environmental protection, non-traditional security and human resources development.Vietnam’s Deputy Prime Minister Pham Binh Minh also stressed the partnership could… Read full this story
- Chinese Government Pledges To Support Game Developers
- Alibaba to give game developers 70 percent cut of sales
- NEC Australia cuts 153 staff
- Representatives from 150 tech companies sign pledge against 'killer robots'
- Google pledges to only strike back (not first) in open source patent cases
- DRM issues kill off Matchstick Firefox OS dongle as pledges refunded
- Elon Musk and fellow tech giants pledge to only use AI for good
- hack.pledge() Connects Mentors with People Who Want to Learn to Code
- Twitter's new patent pledge: First, do no evil
- Kickstarter raised half a billion dollars in pledges in 2014
US pledges $153 mln toward Mekong development have 315 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 12, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.