Kylian Mbappe will miss France’s match against Croatia in Paris. — AFP/VNA Photo FRANCE — A little over two years after the World Cup final in Moscow, France and Croatia meet again, this time under very different circumstances, in the second round of Nations League matches in Paris on Tuesday. What should have been a festive full house at the Stade de France, a chance to relive the excitement of Les Bleus’ 4-2 win that July afternoon in Moscow, will be more downbeat, thanks to coronavirus. European football body UEFA has directed that all the games be played behind closed doors. The atmosphere in a stadium with no spectators will inevitably be flat and the teams on show will be markedly different as the coaches try to manage players who, because of the upheaval in the calendar over the last six months, are not fully fit. Squad rotation is a necessity, not a choice. “I’m going to make a lot of changes because it’s very difficult to keep going,” France coach Didier Deschamps said after Saturday’s scratchy 1-0 win over Sweden in his side’s Nations League Group 3 opener in Solna. “Already, playing 90 minutes with this deficit at the… Read full this story
- Peter Borren takes jibe at 2019 World Cup final outcome
- GIF Recap: Germany Stuns Brazil 7–1 to Advance to the World Cup Final
- A World Cup Final Primer for the Vaguely Interested
- Jos Buttler auctions World Cup final-winning shirt and claims it’s still full of blood, sweat and beers
- World Cup final Watchalong: Ben Stokes, Jofra Archer, Jos Buttler and Mark Wood react to thriller
- Andros Townsend on FIFA 20: “Whether it’s a board game or the World Cup final, it hurts when you lose”
- Vietnamese boy wins chance to attend FIFA World Cup Final
- England hero Jos Buttler auctions World Cup final winning top for £65k to raise funds for coronavirus battle
- Who is England vs Sweden referee Bjorn Kuipers, and how many World Cups has Dutch ref been at?
- World Cup 2018: Priceless Moments From Victorious France's Dressing Room
Underpowered France face Croatia in World Cup final rematch have 358 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 8, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.