Dam Nhan Duc, head of Research and Corporate Development at Military Bank What is the general consensus on current growth rates in Vietnam? In the first half of 2020, Vietnam’s GDP increased by 1.81 per cent, lower than that in the same period last year, which was 6.8 per cent. However, this is an encouraging result in the context of global negative growth. Domestic consumption demand accounting for 64 per cent of GDP in 2019 has been the key impetus for GDP growth. Compared to other nations in the world, the consumption rate of essential products, which accounts for 40 per cent of Vietnam’s GDP, is on the top rank. It is this consumption structure that partly eases the damages caused by the pandemic, together with efforts from the government and community. In addition, Vietnam’s economy is open to the global economy. In the first six months of 2020, the import-export turnover was 2.2 times more than the GDP. Although COVID-19 has significantly impacted the world’s economies, Vietnam’s total import-export turnover in the first six months this year only decreased by 3.2 per cent per cent compared to the same period last year. This is partly because consumer demand for… Read full this story
- Marc Jacobs Doesn't Pay His Models, Says Model [Updated]
- 'Absolutely stunning!' Kylie Jenner is praised for featuring a 'beautiful' model covered in distinctive freckles in her latest Kylie Skin campaign
- Fashion Week's Models Are Getting Whiter
- Rugby University model should be reconsidered
- O'Reilly Auto Parts 500 odds, picks 2018: Model says Joey Logano surprises NASCAR at Texas Motor Speedway
- Chris Wilbers' Fast Thoughts for April 12: Let's hope local tracks don't get left behind in new NASCAR sponsorship model
- Manager teams up with famed nutritionist to help stable of contenders with weight cutting woes
- Pac-12 campus payouts soar, but how do they compare to growth rates in other Power Five conferences? Not so well
- Anthony Joshua promoter Matchroom launches $1 billion DAZN deal in U.S.
- US-based group buys F1 amid hopes of North American growth
Promoting a redesigned model for stable growth have 346 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at September 12, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.