A non-invasive ventilator made by lecturer Văn Sỹ Nghị is placed at the healthcare room of Phú Yên Vocational College for use as well as a teaching tool. — VNA/VNS Photo Xuân Triệu PHÚ YÊN — The COVD-19 pandemic has sparked the imaginations of thousands in their efforts to fight the disease, and a Vietnamese academic is the latest example of impressive creativity. A lecturer in Phú Yên Vocational College in the central province of Phú Yên used his engineering knowledge to make non-invasive ventilators to treat breathing difficulties. The 45-year-old Văn Sỹ Nghi said he and his colleagues spent a month studying and completing the ventilator. Sỹ said they were improving their work to make invasive ventilators that can be used to treat COVID-19 patients. “During the COVID-19 pandemic, health care centres face a shortage of ventilators and staff to take care of patients, which made me think of making a ventilator myself,” Sỹ said. Non-invasive ventilation offers breathing support via a face mask, nasal mask, or a helmet, with a mask tightly fitted to the face or around the head, without the need for a tube through the mouth into the windpipe. Sỹ decribed his invention as a small machine weighing… Read full this story
- Forest fire destroys 200ha of forest in Phu Yen
- Drought in Phu Yen destroys several hectares of forest
- Phu Yen consolidates coastal dyke to protect airport
- From gaming to advanced workstations: 5 impressive portable PCs unveiled at CES 2019
- BIM LAND and HYATT make Agreement at Vietnam Travel and Tourism Summit 2019
- Abuse: Create platforms for students to rate lecturers anonymously ― Gender Activist
- Makes a Case Against 'Support Our Troops'
- Can officials be trusted to make responsible statements during a crisis?
- Former U.S. President Barack Obama makes a return visit to Vietnam
- Ventilation helps improve indoor air quality
Phú Yên lecturer make portable ventilators have 324 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 12, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.