Visitors to Kien Giang often leave with a great impression of the locality due to its fabulous culture, the friendliness of local people, its shopping options, and range of street food.
Let's tour the city for the day and sample some of the delicious street food on offer:
Bún cá, or rice noodle soup with grilled fish, is a one of the most popular dishes in Kien Giang province. Visitors can enjoy tasting the famous street food on Mac Cuu road in Rach Gia city.
Bánh ống lá dứa, or steamed coconut cake, is a specialty that is local of the southern region. The dish can easily be found in Ha Tien town, with the cake being steamed very quickly, typically for just one minute.
Traditionally, steamed coconut cake is produced using glutinous rice flour, coconut, and pineapple leaves.
Sesame is also added to give the cake more flavour.
Bún kèn, or traditional noodle soup, can be found on 30/4 road in Duong Dong town of Phu Quoc island, with the dish being a good suggestion for tourists. This unique dish is made from dried shredded fish, coconut milk, and curry powder.
Xôi Xiêm, or Siam sticky rice, originates from Thailand and contains key ingredients such as mango, coconut, durian, and coconut milk.
This type of sticky rice can be discovered on Tran Hau street in Ha Tien town of Kien Giang province.
- Thailand's best street food: readers’ travel tips
- Explore San Francisco's Filipino food scene during Kulinary Confidential
- Vietnam’s practical activities in response to Earth Day
- Food Truck Vendors, Drexel University Students Pushing Back Against Proposed Parking Restrictions
- Observer Food Monthly Awards 2011 best cheap eats: Koya
- Green Day and the Palace of Wisdom
- World Health Day 2016: 10 Tips To Stay Healthy In An Indian Climate
- St Patrick's Day 2019 UK events and parades - and top deals if you're staying in
- Community in need getting a food oasis as market comes to West Oakland
- Food obsessives: the people searching for the perfect cheese, bread and coffee
- From Booths to Greggs: six food heroes that shaped the decade
- If You Buy One Thing on Prime Day, Make It This Garmin Watch
- Seven-months pregnant Meghan goes incognito as she covers up in cap and coat for secret trip to New York for a baby shower thrown by her closest friends
- Spain road trip: Madrid to Santiago de Compostela
- This has to be Australia’s most beautiful road trip
- 11 of the best things to do in New York on a budget - from cheap and free sightseeing to micro hotels and local food
- Three days on the Melbourne to Sydney coastal drive – travel guide
- Can Pricey Baby-Food Delivery Startups Crawl Their Way To Mainstream Success?
- Dollar Stores and food deserts
- The 12 worst foods to feed eczema-prone children - and the diet that could get rid of their itchy skin for good
Must-try street food options during a day trip to Kien Giang have 470 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 4, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.