A worker reads about drunk driving. (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Alcohol harm prevention content should be included in workplace regulations by banning drinking before and during working hours and driving vehicles, a top health official has said. Deputy Minister of Health Do Xuan Tuyen made the recommendation at a Ministry of Health meeting on the law on alcohol harm prevention and control on September 28, where he called for fighting the harms of alcohol with the same resolve as has been used to fight COVID-19. Heads of organisations and agencies should take responsibility if their staff commit alcohol-related violations, and provincial-level People’s Councils should include anti-alcohol harm work in their resolutions. He also suggested localities set up steering boards for alcohol harm prevention and control, assign tasks to each sector and level of authority, build plans for law implementation and ensure drastic actions that match local conditions. According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), alcohol is the fifth leading cause of death in the world and also a cause of many chronic diseases. Alcohol abuse also affects family and social relations and undermines the quality of human resources and population. The deputy minister pointed out that in Vietnam, drinking is one of the three leading causes of… Read full this story
- Can Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce harness “that passion, that anger”?
- It’s official, Dwyane Wade is back for ‘one last dance’ with the Heat
- What was up with that third-and-1 call in Sunday’s Panthers win?
- Cam Newton’s leap ... and that landing ... leaves Panthers fans holding their breath
- Canes mount epic comeback against Seminoles for first home victory against FSU since 2004
- Canes ready to make their NHL draft pick with Svechnikov the leading contender
- Inside Michael Porter Jr.’s long wait at the NBA Draft
- Hornets make trade, avoid risk, get 'guy that was left' in NBA draft's first round
- Where will prep basketball star Wendell Moore play his senior year of high school?
- ‘I’m right where I should be.’ Here’s the latest on former NC State star Monte Towe.
Health official calls for end to workplace drinking have 360 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 30, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.