“We're going to have to see what happens,” he told reporters during his Wednesday news conference, noting that mail-in “ballots are a disaster.”
“Get rid of the ballots and you’ll have a very- we’ll have a very peaceful- there won’t be a transfer, frankly,” Trump argued.
“It’ll be a continuation. The ballots are out of control.”
Q: “Will you commit to making sure that there is a peaceful transferal of power after the election?” pic.twitter.com/Q4cmSPqdvB
— The Hill (@thehill) September 23, 2020
Trump abruptly departed from the Wednesday news conference and told members of the press that Director of the United States National Economic Council Larry Kudlow and Scott Atlas, White House adviser on the COVID-19 novel coronavirus, would answer the remaining questions as he as took an “emergency phone call.”
However, at least one reporter claims to have gotten a different word on Trump’s phone call.
Although Trump told us he was ending his remarks at the press briefing because “I have to leave for an emergency phone call,” he doesn’t have an emergency, I’m told. He’s got politicking to do. He’s speaking on two tele-events tonight.
— Jennifer Jacobs (@JenniferJJacobs) September 23, 2020
Trump has continuously argued that the November election would be a “scam” or “rigged” due to mail-in voting, which many Americans are relying on due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Sending out 80 MILLION BALLOTS to people who aren't even asking for a Ballot is unfair and a total fraud in the making. Look at what's going on right now!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 10, 2020
"They're sending out tens of millions of ballots to everybody, people that didn't expect them. People are getting inundated with ballots, they'll be showered with ballots," Trump said on Friday.
“Mark my words: I think he is gonna try to kick back the election somehow, come up with some rationale why it can’t be held,” Biden predicted in April .
However, Biden told Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show” host Trevor Noah in June that he was confident that if Trump lost the election and refused to give in, military personnel would “escort him from the White House with great dispatch,” CBS News reported .
“This is the guy who said that all mail-in ballots are fraudulent, voting by mail, while he sits behind the desk in the Oval Office and writes his mail-in ballot to vote in a primary,” he told Noah.
- Eugene Kontorovich: Palestinians wrong to reject Trump Israeli-Palestinian peace plan – It's fair and just
- From idea to reality: Trump unveils Mideast peace plan
- REFILE-EXPLAINER-What do we know about Trump's Mideast peace plan?
- Trump Has a ‘Peace Plan,’ but His Mideast Policies May Be Bad News for Israel
- Trump touts upcoming peace plan following meeting with Netanyahu despite Palestinian objections
- Explainer: What do we know about Trump's Mideast peace plan?
- What do we know about Trump's Mideast peace plan?
- Eight reasons why impeaching Donald Trump is a big risk for the Democrats (and three reasons why it's not)
- The Latest: Chief: UN committed to Israel-Palestinian peace
- 5 Things Establishment Republicans Can Tell Themselves to Make Peace With President Trump
- Piers Morgan presents a delighted Donald Trump with a Churchill hat - as the President reveals all about his state visit including Charles' climate change lecture, how Harry 'couldn't have been nicer' and what he REALLY thinks of Meghan
- Palestinians decry Trump peace plan before he meets Israeli leaders
- Revealed at Last: Trump’s Israeli-Palestinian Peace Deal to End All Peace
- Trump's bombshell: He rocks final debate with Clinton by REFUSING to promise to accept the results after bad-tempered 90 minutes begins AND ends without a handshake
- ‘New low’: Trump and aides lash Cohen as ex-lawyer calls President ‘racist conman’
- Qanta Ahmed: Trump’s Israeli-Palestinian peace plan deserves Arab League support
- The Hill's Morning Report - Trump defense rests, GOP struggles to bar witnesses
- Trump to unveil Middle East peace plan to Israeli leaders this week
- Opinion: Trump's Middle East 'peace plan' delivers neither
- White House Officials Are Afraid of Trump’s ‘Nuclear Button’
‘Have to See What Happens’: Trump Dodges Commitment to Peaceful Transfer if He Loses US Election have 680 words, post on sputniknews.com at September 24, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.