External Affairs Minister (EAM) S Jaishankar is scheduled to meet the Russian Foreign Minister SV Lavrov on Wednesday night. The meeting between the two leaders is scheduled tonight around 7 pm (IST).
The EAM landed in Moscow on September 8 on a four-day to attend a meeting of the foreign ministers of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO). “EAM @DrSJaishankar landed in Moscow; received by Ambassador and senior officers from Russian Foreign Ministry,” tweeted the Indian Embassy in Moscow.
The meeting of SCO foreign ministers is scheduled for 12.30 IST on September 10 (Thursday).
Jaishankar’s visit to Russia comes days after Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh visited Moscow to attend a meeting of the defence ministers of the eight-nation SCO. It is to be noted that India and China are important members of the SCO. According to the External Affairs Ministry, Jaishankar will attend the meeting of the Council of Foreign Ministers (CFM) of SCO during his stay in the Russian capital.
It is expected that Jaishankar would also meet his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi on the sidelines of the SCO meet. The meeting is likely to take place on Thursday (September 10).
On September 8, EAM Jaishankar met his Iranian counterpart Javad Zarif in Tehran. The EAM had made a stopover in Iran as part of his key Moscow visit. Calling the meeting “productive”, the EAM, taking to micro-blogging site Twitter, said “discussed strengthening our bilateral cooperation and reviewed regional developments. Thank him for his gracious hospitality.” Javad Zarif had visited India in 2020 to be part Raisina Dialogue.
“A productive meeting with FM J Zarif during a stopover in Tehran. Discussed strengthening our bilateral cooperation and reviewed regional developments. Thank him for his gracious hospitality,” tweeted Jaishankar.
The high-level visits by India to Iran are been considered as a major reached out by New Delhi to a country it considers part of its extended neighbourhood. Iran plays an important role in India’s connectivity project via Chabahar port that provides it link to Afghanistan and wider Central Asian region.
- Trump to meet Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov
- Donald Trump plans to meet Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov amid swirl of impeachment probe
- Donald Trump to meet Russian Foreign Minister, two years after controversial encounter
- Two Years After Being Accused of Leaking Information, Trump to Meet Russian Foreign Minister
- Trump to meet with Russian foreign minister Tuesday
- White House Planning Trump Visit With Russian Foreign Minister, National Security Adviser Says
- Trump 'Committed to Improving This Relationship' With Russia, Pompeo Tells Russian Foreign Minister
- Trump Will Host Russian Foreign Minister at White House - Senior US Official
- Trump to meet with Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov at White House
- Trump, Russian foreign minister to meet Tuesday
- Trump to meet with Russian foreign minister at White House Tuesday
- Trump to Welcome Russian Foreign Minister to Washington
- Russian foreign minister to meet with Pompeo in DC next week
- Russian Foreign Minister to meet Pompeo next week
- US Confirms Washington Visit by Russian Foreign Minister
- Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov Says Russia Expects Zelensky to Stop War in Southeastern Ukraine
- 'We, Austrians, Have Never Been So 'Transatlantic'' - Karin Kneissl, Austria’s Ex-Foreign Minister
- Trump meets Russian official as impeachment charges unveiled
- Trump to meet Russia's foreign minister on Tuesday: Ifax
- Watch live: Pompeo and Russia's foreign minister hold news conference
EAM S Jaishankar to meet Russian Foreign Minister SV Lavrov on Wednesday night have 565 words, post on zeenews.india.com at September 9, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.