Do Ventures debuted in Vietnam with $50 million Do Ventures raised more than half of its fundraising goal of $50 million from institutional investors from Korea and Singapore, including NAVER, Sea Group (NYSE:SE), Vertex Holdings, and Woowa Brothers. Do Ventures was co-founded by Le Hoang Uyen Vy, former CEO of Vietnamese e-commerce site Adayroi.com and general partner at ESP Capital, along with Manh Dung Nguyen (Dzung), who formerly worked as a director at venture capital firm CyberAgent Capital in Vietnam and Thailand. Founded early this year, Do Ventures plans to make investments in Vietnamese startups that capitalise on Vietnam’s younger population and fast-growing middle-class. The fund will be deployed to invest in two tiers of companies in Vietnam. The first tier includes business-to-consumer (B2C) platforms that “complement an effective ecosystem of services around young customers such as education, healthcare, and social commerce due to significant changes in customer behaviour after COVID-19.” The second tier focuses on regionally-scaled business-to-business (B2B) platforms that “create synergies for tier 1 portfolio companies and enable these companies to scale regionally.” This includes companies that offer software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions, data management, and e-commerce services. The Vietnamese ecosystem has been widely seen as one of the hottest… Read full this story
- Audi invests $28 million in startup rental company Silvercar
- New York tops Mass. again in venture-capital deals, business investment
- N.Y.-based mobile photo-sharing site Mobli bags $22 million investment
- Peer-to-peer lender Funding Circle scores a $65 million investment as it pushes deeper into U.S.
- Mitt Romney's campaign says he has millions invested in Caribbean tax havens
- Dad raises $1 million to fight disease that will kill sons
- Pentagon wasted $28 million on uniforms for Afghan soldiers, report says
- Katharine Hepburn's Connecticut estate on sale for $28 million
- ‘Reading Rainbow’ Kickstarter campaign raises $6 million with help from Seth MacFarlane
- Superintendent: Yonkers schools shorted $28 million by state
Do Ventures raises $28 million to invest in Vietnamese startups have 320 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at September 8, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.