NEW YORK — New York Fashion Week will look a little different this season, with the typical seven-day parade of events stripped down to five days because of COVID-19 restrictions, with online runway shows, and smaller, socially distanced audiences. Host IMG said it had worked closely with the governor’s office to understand the protocols needed in order to have the shows running from Sept. 13-17. “We evolved the event and our offerings to designers to be able to create an event that’s both safe and successful … and that allows consumers to tune in to watch and participate,” said global senior vice president of marketing and brand strategy at IMG, April Guidone. Highlights this season include Jason Wu, Rebecca Minkoff and Christian Siriano, who will show from his Connecticut home. Partnering with U.S. hardware store Lowes, each designer will create sets “with home décor products they found at Lowes.” Spring Studios, the normal home of New York Fashion Week, is also adapting. “We are offering the rooftop at Spring (Studios) to designers for more traditional runway shows that may have a very small and limited, socially distant audience,” said Guidone. Designers will use the indoor venues that previously hosted large… Read full this story
- Donald Trump accuses Democrats of 'using COVID to steal an election' claiming mail-in ballots will 'defraud the American people of a fair and free election' as he accepts Republican nomination at surprise convention speech
- Coronavirus live updates: Air regulators issue health advisory due to wildfire smoke
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: August 13-14
- On Tiananmen Anniversary, Hong Kong Protesters Brace for Their Chinese Crackdown
- Sex, lies, and video games: Inside Roblox’s war on porn
- Is everything a joke to him? YouTuber Jake Paul plans to 'reenact his run in with the law' in a MUSIC VIDEO after the FBI raided his home, as he puts out a casting call for extras to shoot this weekend amid the ongoing pandemic
COVID-19 restrictions give New York Fashion Week new look have 343 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 11, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.