Passenger cars accounted for 109,694 units, followed by commercial vehicles and special-purpose vehicles, according to the Vietnam Automobile Manufacturers Association (VAMA).Sales in August, when Vietnam saw a fresh eruption of Covid-19 linked to central Da Nang City, fell 14 percent from July to 20,655 vehicles.This ended a rise in sales for three consecutive months from May. April sales had plummeted after the government imposed social distancing.Local brand Truong Hai Auto (Thaco) retained the top spot even as its year-to-date sales fell 16 percent to 49,940 units for a 34.3 percent market share.It was followed by Toyota with 34,743 units and Honda with 14,850 units, both down nearly 30 percent.Mitsubishi and Ford rounded off the top five.On June 28 the government cut first-time registration fees by half for locally made vehicles to foster sales amid the pandemic. The reduction will last through this year before returning to old levels on January 1, 2021.Auto sales had risen 11.7 percent year-on-year to 322,322 units last year.
- Toyota, Fiat Chrysler US auto sales fall in February
- China auto sales post biggest drop in 7 years as growth engine stalls
- Auto sales dip 1.9 per cent in October as passenger car sales fall
- China auto sales on track for a down year
- US October auto sales seen down slightly: consultants
- US September auto sales seen down 6 percent: J.D. Power and LMC
- US auto sales seen falling in February: J.D. Power, LMC Automotive
- BIG Motor Sale to boost auto sales
- Toyota US auto sales fall 2 percent in August
- Fiat Chrysler US auto sales rise 2 percent in January
Auto sales down 25 pct have 265 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 11, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.