Speaking at the ASEAN-China Ministerial Meeting under the aegis of the 53rd ASEAN Foreign Ministers Meeting, ministers of member countries emphasized China’s role as the bloc’s biggest trading partner and one of the largest sources of tourists to the bloc.China should proactively take part in the bloc’s initiatives such as the ASEAN Fund to respond to Covid-19, the medical materials stockpile and developing an overall recovery framework, a statement from the Vietnamese Foreign Affairs Ministry quoted them as saying.They hailed the two-way initiatives launched so far this year, including the China-ASEAN Year of Digital Economy Cooperation, the ASEAN-China Joint Statement on synergizing the Master Plan on ASEAN Connectivity and the Belt and Road Initiative to guarantee connectivity and supply chains.The two sides agreed to continue their cooperation in priority areas such as digital economic development, cybersecurity, maritime issues, disaster response, and people-to-people links and soon complete the ASEAN-China Plan of Action for 2021 – 25. The ASEAN-China Ministerial Meeting is held on September 9, 2020. Photo by AFP. Representing Vietnam at the meeting was Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Affairs Minister Pham Binh Minh.He co-chaired the 21st ASEAN+3 Foreign Ministers Meeting with South Korea, China and Japan as well as… Read full this story
- US Lawmakers Urge NBA To Suspend China Activities Over Boycott
- Missouri, Kansas farmers ‘at the mercy’ of China and Trump as trade fight escalates
- KTBST seeks China market with Haitong partnership
- China prepared for long trade fight with the U.S.
- Brexit haunts May as she seeks China trade post-EU
- Airbus seeks China deal after diplomatic gaffe
- Kavanaugh seeks new tone after Supreme Court fight; Trump apologies for process
- Malaysia's Mahathir seeks China's understanding on scrapped $20-billion rail deal
- Apple seeks China tariffs exemption for iPhones, MacBooks
- Irish central bank seeks to activate systemic risk buffer for banks
ASEAN seeks China's active participation in Covid-19 fight have 316 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 10, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.