This year’s edition of the event, the second most important club tournament in Asia, was originally scheduled to start in March and then postponed to this month due to the pandemic.Vietnam had two qualifiers.Ho Chi Minh City FC in group F were supposed to have played on September 23 at their Thong Nhat Stadium, and Than Quang Ninh in group G, on September 29 at their Cam Pha Stadium in the northern Quang Ninh Province.After having played all their three away matches, Ho Chi Minh City FC were on top of the group with seven points along with Myanmar’s Yangon United, and had a good chance of advancing.Than Quang Ninh were second with four points, three adrift of the Philippines’s Ceres Negros. But with three home matches in hand, the club still had a fair chance of going through.”Canceling the 2020 AFC Cup is a reasonable decision,” Tran Quoc Tuan, Vietnam Football Federation vice president and standing member, and head of the AFC Competition Board, said.Covid-19 has infected more than 28 million people around the world, claiming nearly 914,000 lives. Many cities in Asia have seen the resurgence of the coronavirus in recent weeks.AFC also decided to postpone the AFC… Read full this story
- Pregnant women with Covid-19 show placenta injury in small study
- Pregnant women with COVID-19 show placenta injury in small study
- Will Covid-19 show us how to design better cities?
- Groups: COVID-19 shows need for family leave program
- Large Covid 19 checkpoint sign to removed before holiday weekend
- Rugby Resumes in Australia After Weeks of COVID-19 Lockdowns
- Fear of COVID-19 Slows Trucking in East Africa
- Early COVID-19 Vaccine Data Positive, but 'Unimpressive'
- Field Hospital Suspends Admissions; New COVID-19 Cases Fall
- Pakistan Set to Make, Export Anti-COVID-19 Drug Remdesivir
AFC Cup scrapped as Covid-19 shows no signs of receding have 307 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 11, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.