‘Lucid waters’ idea becomes role model for balancing economy, environment
Fifteen Years ago, when Xi Jinping was secretary of the Communist Party of China Zhejiang Provincial Committee, he proposed the concept of “lucid waters and lush mountains are invaluable assets” during a visit to Yucun village in the province’s Anji county.
The idea reflects Xi’s governance philosophy in pursuing the synergy between economic development and environmental protection. It was developed after Xi became the general secretary of the CPC Central Committee in November 2012, and has been translated into the practice of the building of an ecological civilization as part of the country’s development strategy.
Dechen Tsering, United Nations Environment Program regional director and representative for Asia and the Pacific, said the balance between economic development and protection of ecosystems is not easy to achieve, but the aspiration of the “ecological civilization” that Xi advocates is to accomplish exactly this.
“China has done a lot of very important work on environmental issues to realize this ambition, and that’s positive leadership the world can take inspiration from,” Tsering said. “Especially at a time when we are dealing with environmental issues on all fronts－from climate change to pollution to biodiversity loss－we need countries like China to … lead the international community in striking strong agreements that protect nature.”
As a significant part of Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era, Xi’s vision on building an ecological civilization calls for putting conservation and protection first to ensure the harmony between human and nature, and sticking to innovative, coordinated, green, open and shared development. It also regards a sound environment as the most inclusive benefit to people’s well-being.
- How a small boarding school in Connecticut helped guide 3 Warriors to NBA
- Hitler’s world may not be so far away
- British embassy in Ukraine tweets guide to Russian tanks
- The Absolute Moron’s Guide to What’s Happening in Cyprus
- Ellen Degeneres’ 15 favorite products to help us start 2020 off strong
- European heatwave: Your guide to coping with hot weather
- Xi's vision of shared future still resonates
- IPL 2018: KL Rahul, Mujeeb Ur Rahman Ensure Comfortable Win For Kings XI Punjab Over Rajasthan Royals
- IPL Highlights KXIP vs RR: KL Rahul Powers Kings XI Punjab To 6-Wicket Win Over Rajasthan Royals
- Nature, in pocket size: Let the Big Little Nature Books series be your guide to the natural world
- Xi greeted with gusto in Myanmar
- Ahead of Modi-Xi meet, a look at 'chai pe charcha' in Wuhan last year
- Full text of Xi's signed article on Myanmese newspapers
- Dadas XI in title clash
- Citroen Cxperience Concept shows bold look for potential C5 replacement
- India Vs England, Highlights, Women's World Cup 2017 Final: England Beat India By 9 Runs, Clinch Title
- India vs Australia Highlights: Dhawan, Shami guide IND to series-levelling win
- Xi stresses equality, respect among nations
- Rulers for life: The challenge posed by Putin, Xi becoming rulers for life
- Is America still the world's only superpower or is China a real rival? Experts aren't so sure anymore
Xi concept on ecology helps guide world have 491 words, post on www.chinadaily.com.cn at August 15, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.