President Xi Jinping has stressed the importance of bolstering top-level design and pooling wisdom from the public in devising China’s blueprint for development between 2021 and 2025.
In an instruction published on Thursday, Xi said the country must encourage the general public and all sectors of society to offer advice on the country’s 14th Five-Year Plan (2021-25).
The drawing up of the blueprint is an important method of governance for the Communist Party of China, said Xi, who is also general secretary of the CPC Central Committee and chairman of the Central Military Commission.
He called for relevant departments to open their doors and draw on all useful opinions in devising the plan, which covers various aspects of social and economic development and is inextricably linked with the daily life and work of the people.
It is important to fully absorb the expectations of society, the people’s wisdom, experts’ opinions and experience at the grassroots levels into the blueprint while making concerted efforts during its compilation, he said.
The plan will be deliberated on at the Fifth Plenary Session of the 19th CPC Central Committee in October before being submitted to the National People’s Congress for approval next year.
The country already embarked on work to devise the plan in November when Premier Li Keqiang presided over a special meeting on the blueprint.
China has been using five-year plans to guide its social and economic development since 1953, and the plan also includes environmental targets and social welfare goals.
- Xi calls for advancing ties to higher level
- Year-long resolutions don't work. Here's how to make 12 'micro-resolutions' instead
- Your guide to enjoying 2020 New Year's Eve celebrations across Australia's capital cities
- Modi, Xi hold first bilateral meeting post-Doklam
- No Pakistan player to be part of Asia XI in Bangladesh T20s: BCCI
- Why China and Xi Jinping May See Donald Trump as a Paper Tiger
- Duva’s XI: Victory in trouble, Jamie McLaren flying and banned Olyroos step out for first time
- Pakistan Cricket Board accuses BCCI of twisting facts over their players' participation in Asia XI
- Exclusive: Trump spurns Taiwan president's suggestion of another phone call
- Xi's New Year speech lauded by overseas analysts
- How Britain planned to beat America to the Moon: Documents show UK planned to make their own 'one small step' on the lunar surface a year before Neil Armstrong
- Plan B's iLL Manors: 'This is the true, dark reality'
- British family drowns in hotel swimming pool in Costa del Sol
- +++ New Year's 2020 around the world — live updates +++
- New Year's 2020 around the world: As it happened
- Super-wealthy Sultan of Oman loses planning fight for 10 extra bedrooms at the £16m house he bought from John Terry because nearby lake could be home to great crested newts
- Ekta Kapoor holds ‘Naagin 5 auditions’ in pool, Anita Hassanandani and Karishma Tanna do naagin dance in swimsuits
- New Year’s resolutions DO work! DR MICHAEL MOSLEY says ignore the sceptics and make sure you think BIG - as he reveals his top 20 health goals for 2020
- Why this was medicine’s decade of discovery: From cancer to heart failure and stroke, the past ten years have seen astounding advances in medical science — as these dramatic stories of hope and courage reveal
- Leadership Lessons From 11 Years Of Running Fast Company
Xi calls for pooling wisdom to devise Five-Year Plan have 530 words, post on www.chinadaily.com.cn at August 7, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.