WALLINGFORD, CT – Two teens were charged earlier this week following a car crash that led police to discover a large amount of drugs and alcohol in the car.
On Tuesday, just after 4:30 p.m., Wallingford Police responded to a call reporting a car crash at Cafe Ra at 350 Center Wallingford. According to police, the caller said one of the operators was possibly operating under the influence.
During the investigation, police determined the occupants of the vehicle that was at fault, a 2014 Honda CRV, were changing seating positions before police arrive. One person had temporarily fled the scene with a backpack and cooler and returned a short time later without those items, police said in a news release.
While on scene, police observed multiple items of drug-related paraphernalia in the vehicle in plain site.
Edward Nigretti, 19 of Cheshire, ultimately cooperated with police and said he had been driving the car without a license. Police said he caused the crash when his attention was taken off the roadway while looking at GPS on his cellphone.
Nigretti also led investigators to where he had stashed a backpack, cooler and wallet full of cash in an attempt to protect himself from prosecution, police said. He was administered a field sobriety test on scene that led to probable cause for driving under the influence.
Police recovered 1.1 pounds of marijuana, 23 ounces of THC extracts, approximately 10 grams of psilocybin mushrooms, approximately 2.7 pounds of marijuana edibles, a large amount of packaging materials associated with the distribution and sales of marijuana, and more than $6,0000 in cash.
Nigretti was charged with illegal possession of marijuana with intent to sell, illegal possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs, possession of alcohol by a minor, interfering with a police investigation, operating a motor vehicle without a license, using a cellular device while operating a motor vehicle and following too closely.
He was released after posting bond and will be arraigned in October.
The passenger in the car with Nigretti was identified as Hannah Ferrell, 18 of Cheshire, who was found in possession of approximately 3 ounces of marijuana, approximately 12 grams of psilocybin mushrooms, and drug paraphernalia. She was charged with illegal possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and interfering with a police investigation.
- Melbourne Man arrested for evading cops and drug possession
- Willow Grove Man, 20, Charged In DUI Crash That Left 2 Teens Dead
- Man Charged With DUI After Striking Pedestrian: Police
- 22-Year-Old Man Charged With Weapons, Drug Offenses: Police
- ‘Large quantity’ of drugs uncovered at COVID checkpoint
- Salim Mehajer convicted for possessing powerful painkiller
- Youngest ever paid FBI drug informant 'White Boy Rick', 51, is released from prison after 32 years - having spent his whole adult life behind bars
- Police find loaded gun hidden in oven of Gold Coast home
- Cops smash drug network in 14-month operation
- Three Men Arrested In Folsom After Traffic Stop Turns Up Gun, Drugs
- DA: No basis for charges against cop who put knee on head
- Ukraine: Criminal suspect releases police chief but remains on the run
- High-Speed Police Chase Ends In Crash In Ligonier
- Woman Bites Elmhurst Officer During Struggle: Police
- Teen Mom star Rachel Beaver’s baby daddy Drew released from jail after three-month stint for violating probation
- Shocking moment cop pins teen to the ground in ‘George Floyd-style assault’ saying ‘I will f***ing smash your face in’
- Santa Rosa man suspected of DUI with 4-year-old son in car
- Eatery Outburst, False Report: Elmhurst Police
- Protests erupt and Atlanta police chief RESIGNS after white cops shot dead 27-year-old black man Rayshard Brooks - as new surveillance video 'shows him pointing a stolen taser at officers as he fled'
- Drug, weapons charges dropped against Cajun Cannabis owner Travis DeYoung
Wallingford Police Charge Teens With DUI, Drug Possession have 606 words, post on patch.com at August 13, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.