Automobile sales down in first seven months Sales of automobiles plunged 28 percent year-on-year to 131,248 units in the first seven months of this year, according to the Vietnam Automobile Manufacturers Association (VAMA). Sales of all types fell, with passenger cars down 29 percent, commercial vehicles 23 percent, and special-use vehicles 39 percent. The July figure hit 24,065 units, up a mere 0.3 percent against June and down 13 percent compared to July 2019. The sale of domestically-assembled vehicles rose 2 percent month-on-month in July, to 16,088 units, while imports were down 2 percent to 7,977 units. The figures, however, do not reflect overall consumption in the automobile market, as they exclude sales of manufacturers that are not VAMA members, such as Audi, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Subaru, Volkswagen, Volvo, and Hyundai Thanh Cong. Hyundai Thanh Cong’s TC Motor sold 7,606 vehicles in July, up 35.5 percent month-on-month and taking the figure for the first seven months to 35,620. Meanwhile, some 2,210 VinFast automobiles were sold in July. With an average of 2,200 vehicles being sold monthly, the local carmaker’s sales stand at around 15,270 for January-July. The combined sales of VAMA members, TC Motor, and VinFast reached 33,885 in July, for 182,138… Read full this story
- News watch August 2012: today's auto industry news
- News watch August 2010: today's industry news
- MLB DFS for August 14: Top DraftKings and FanDuel Daily Fantasy Baseball picks include A.J. Pollock
- Breaking News, Top News & Latest News Headlines
- Weekly Books News (July 8-14)
- News watch August 2011: today's auto industry news
- Now Watch Business News On The Go With AVANITV
- MLB Vegas odds, picks, lines, predictions, best bets for August 14: This three-way parlay pays 15-1
- Marlborough's racing tips for Tuesday August 14
- We Interrupt Your Global Business News To Bring You… EDITED WITH ADDITIONAL FUN INFO!
VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 14 have 295 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at August 14, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.