The recall covers 2,568 Toyota Vios cars assembled in Vietnam between September 2007 and December 2008, and 145 imported Toyota Corolla cars produced between January 2004 and April 2005, according to a statement submitted by the automaker to the Vietnam Register.The inflator canister in these vehicles can be penetrated by humidity. In some crashes, the activation of the airbag can break the inflator into pieces. These pieces can be pushed through the inflated airbag, causing serious damage to users, Toyota Vietnam said.Customers can bring their vehicles for a free replacement of the faulty parts at Toyota dealers. The replacement should take up to 1.5 hours. The recall will run until August 2022.In 2018, Toyota Vietnam recalled more than 11,300 cars with similar airbag faults.
- Import tax on Japanese cars will be removed from 2029
- Honda recalls 1.4M vehicles to fix faulty fuel pumps
- Locally-made cars in Vietnam get huge price cuts over new import rules
- Toyota says it won't expand further in India, blames 'we don’t want you' taxes
- Toyota Hilux Pick-Up SUV Spotted Arriving In India: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Honda to recall 16,304 vehicles for airbag inflator defect
- Toyota expects prices of its diesel models to go up by 20 per cent after BSVI upgrade
- Manned flight of Japan's SkyDrive successful; all you need to know about the flying car
- HCESD 48 launches new hot car safety initiative
- Toyota Offers Free Maintenance Package For Pre-Booking Customers Of Urban Cruiser SUV
Toyota Vietnam recalls 2,700 cars over faulty airbags have 245 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 9, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.