Tropical Storm Sinluka is forecast to make landfall in north-central Vietnam on Sunday, bringing downpours to most regions throughout the country. Sinluka, the second storm to have hit Vietnam in 2020, was located in the maritime area between northern Thai Binh Province and north-central Nghe An Province as of 7:00 am on Sunday, according to the National Center for Hydro-metrological Forecasting. Average wind speed was recorded at 60-75km per hour and gusts at up to 100km an hour. In the next 12 hours, the storm will travel northwest and make landfall between northern Ninh Binh Province and Nghe An before weakening into a tropical depression. Wind speed will decrease to between 40 and 50km per hour. The tropical depression will continue to subside as it heads toward Laos in the next 12 to 24 hours. Due to the influence of Storm Sinluka, rough seas will occur in the central and southern sections of the East Vietnam Sea. Heavy rain measuring at 50-150 millimeters per 24 hours will dampen localities from Thanh Hoa to Quang Binh Provinces in north-central Vietnam on Sunday. From August 2 to 5, downpours will also batter northern localities, including Hanoi. Medium to heavy rain accompanied by… Read full this story
- As Tropical Storm Florence barrels towards U.S. East Coast, Houston also to see some rain
- Storm and Rabbitohs to clash in top-of-the-table blockbuster
- Vietnam comments on Singapore PM’s speech at Shangri-La Dialogue
- Vietnam arrests two suspects in UK human trafficking case
- Look: PNC Park tunnel floods due to storm
- Storm Callum updates: Still around 500 homes and businesses without power in Northern Ireland
- Melbourne Storm vs Parramatta Eels: NRL live scores, blog
- The 'Calm before the storm' quiz
- WATCH: Storm drenches Buccaneers' field before 'Monday Night Football'
- Sudden lightning storm causes Fourth-event cancellations, delays; more rain in afternoon
Storm Sinluka causes downpours throughout Vietnam have 306 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at August 2, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.