Illustrative image (Photo: VNA) Hanoi – The State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) on August 6 announced its decision on cutting some policy rates with immediate effect, the second time this year following the adjustment on March 16. Accordingly, the interest rate of compulsory reserves in VND at banks will be 0.5 percent per annum, and the interest rate on dong deposits from banks that exceed the minimum 3 percent requirement will be zero percent per annum, down 0.5 percent compared to the rates stipulated in a decision on March 16 this year. Meanwhile, the interest rate for deposits in VND by the Vietnam Development Bank (VDB) and Vietnam Bank for Social Policies (VBSP), both state-owned banks; People’s Credit Funds and microfinance institutions will be reduced by 0.2 percent to 0.8 percent per annum. The interest rate for deposits of the State Treasury, and the Deposit Insurance of Vietnam with the SBV is revised down to 0.8 percent per annum, down 0.2 percent. The SBV said the adjustment was made based on macro-economic developments and the level of interest rates in the market. VNA
- Federal Reserve Alert - Fed Continues to Cut Rates
- S. Korea's central bank freezes interest rate at 1.75 percent
- Credit slowdown causes concern about access to bank loans
- Buy Bank Repo Homes and Hit the Jackpot
- Banks start linking loans to customers’ risk profile
- Will Amazon, Walmart help save Indian banks
- Fed Inevitable Rate Cut to Boost Economy and Job Market
- Interest Rate Cuts by Desperate Men Seeking Desperate Solutions!
- RBI likely to temper rate cuts
- The Fed Cuts Key Interest Rate by 1/2 Percentage Point
State Bank of Vietnam cuts some interest rates have 269 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at August 7, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.