Following the success of last year’s Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, EA has announced a new Star Wars game is coming to consoles and PC, and you won’t have to wait much longer to play it. Star Wars: Squadrons will release October 2, 2020 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC (via Origin, Steam, and the Epic Games Store). VR fans can also get in on the fun, as the space shooter will also be playable in VR on PS4 and PC. Following today’s reveal trailer, Star Wars: Squadrons is available to pre-order on all platforms, so you can secure your copy early and be ready to play on day one.
In Star Wars: Squadrons, you’ll enlist as a starfighter pilot who will command iconic ships from both the New Republic and Imperial fleets. The game features 5v5 multiplayer dogfights, monumental fleet battles, and an original single-player story about events occurring after the Battle of Endor and the destruction of the Death Star II. The story alternates between the perspectives of two pilots–one from the New Republic’s Vanguard Squadron and the other from the Empire’s Titan Squadron.
Star Wars: Squadrons features cross-play support for Xbox One, PS4, PC, and VR, so you’ll be able to squad up with your friends no matter what platform they’re on. The game has extensive cosmetic and gameplay customization options so you can design your pilot, cockpit, and ship exterior to your liking. You’ll also earn things like weapons, engines, and shields to deck out your starfighter as you move up the ranks.
EA plans to reveal gameplay for Star Wars: Squadrons on June 18 at 4 PM PT / 7 PM ET in its EA Play showcase, which would normally occur during E3. Ahead of the event, Star Wars: Squadrons is already available to pre-order. If you’re certain it’s a day-one purchase for you, check out its price and everywhere you can pre-order the game below.
Star Wars: Squadrons pre-order bonuses
There are a handful of pre-order bonuses for purchasing the game early. These consist of cosmetic items for your pilot and starfighter.
- New Republic Recruit Flight Suit (Epic)
- Imperial Ace Flight Suit (Epic)
- New Republic Recruit Starfighter Skins (Rare)
- Imperial Ace Starfighter Skins (Rare)
- New Republic Recruit Decal (Common)
- Imperial Ace Decal (Common)
Star Wars: Squadrons is available to pre-order now, with both physical and digital copies of the game available. EA Access and Origin Access Basic subscribers can try the game out at no cost with up to 10 hours of playtime at launch. They’ll also receive a 10% off discount for the game. Meanwhile, Origin Access Premier subscribers will get full access to the game for free as part of their membership. You can find more info on Origin Access membership options at the Origin Store.
If you’re planning to pre-order Star Wars: Squadrons elsewhere, it’ll cost you $40. Pre-order links are starting to go live now, and we’ll continue updating this story as the game appears in more storefronts. Check out everywhere you can currently pre-order Star Wars: Squadrons below.
Video Game Pre-Order Guides
- Ghost Of Tsushima Pre-Order Bonuses, Collector’s Edition Announced (PS4)
- Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Order Guide, New Release Date, And Collector’s Editions
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Has Four Different Editions You Can Pre-Order Soon
- Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 Pre-Order Demo, Deluxe Edition, And Release Date Info
- Here is what ‘Star Wars’ land will look like, according to Disney’s model at the D23 Expo
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Release Date, Price and New Features Expected
- Everything we know about Star Wars Resistance
- iPhone 2018 Release Date Leaks Just Days Before Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Hits Shelves
- 'Star Wars Rebels' Season 2 Episode 11 Recap: 'The Protector of Concord Dawn' isn't a fan of diplomacy
- ‘Star Wars Battlefront’ offers taste of ‘Rogue One’ ahead of movie’s release, developers talk about relationships with franchise
- 'Star Wars Rebels' Season 3 Episode 8 Recap: 'The Inside Man' reveals a dangerous Imperial project
- EA's day of reckoning is here after 'Star Wars' game uproar, $3 billion in stock value wiped out
- 'Star Wars' Death Star toaster now accepting pre-orders
- Star Wars, Pixar, Oscar hopefuls and more: Holiday Movie Preview
- Despite all the hype, Faraday Future’s CES prototype only netted 60 pre-orders
- Sony at E3: PS VR release date, new ‘Resident Evil’ game
- Disney streaming service will focus on new series (think 'Star Wars')
- Disneyland unveils artwork for new ‘Star Wars’-themed area
- SEE IT: Carrie Fisher featured as Princess Leia on one of four ‘Star Wars’-themed Vanity Fair covers
- ‘Star Wars’ unveils new ‘Rogue One’ toys, including a Jyn Erso action figure
- Jon Favreau's Star Wars Series Won't Be Cheap
- Gwendoline Christie says Captain Phasma will return in ‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’
- ‘Star Wars’-like droids, technology may not be too far off
- Reviewing the 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' BluRay/DVD deleted scenes
Star Wars: Squadrons Pre-Order Details: Bonuses, Pricing, And Release Date have 1056 words, post on www.gamespot.com at August 10, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.