Dick Durbin, a Democrat, is the senior US senator from Illinois. The opinions expressed in this commentary are his own. View more opinion at CNN.
(CNN)Last week, John Lewis took his final leave of the US Capitol. He is home, after a long and noble life of service. John deeply believed that the right to vote was “almost sacred.” He risked his life in Selma, Alabama, Nashville, Tennessee, and so many other places to protect the right of every American to vote.
- Voting rights groups warn of problems in Florida
- A Texas federal court decision is the latest hit to voting rights in America
- Students At This Historically Black College In Texas Filed Suit Over Voting Rights But Didn’t Get An Answer In Time
- A Federal Court Has Denied Voting Rights To Ex-Felons In Florida Who Can’t Pay Off Court Fees
- This Ballot Initiative Could Restore Voting Rights For One Million Convicted Felons In Florida
- The Hill's Campaign Report: 19 years since 9/11 | Dem rival to Marjorie Taylor Greene drops out | Collin Peterson faces fight of his career | Court delivers blow to ex-felon voting rights in Florida
- Judges: Florida Felons Can't Vote Until They Pay Fines, Fees
- Judges: Florida felons can’t vote until they pay fines, fees
- Elizabeth Warren Has a Plan to Save Abortion Rights
- Planning to vote? Here's what's on the ballot in the Lafayette area
- Ex-felons in Florida can't vote until they pay off fines, appeals court rules
- True the Vote Sues Montana Governor for Allowing Universal Mail-In Voting
- Durbin says he will run for No. 2 spot if Dems win Senate majority
- Martha McSally: Mark Kelly ‘Will Be the 51st Vote’ for Open Borders, Killing Second Amendment, Lockdowns
- Sen. Ted Cruz: We are one vote away from losing our fundamental liberties
- Florida's Governor Signed A Law Making It Harder For Felons To Vote — And Immediately Got Sued
- Juan Williams: Trump and Republicans work to suppress Democratic votes
- A Court Ruled Texas Can Force Most People Under Age 65 To Vote In Person During The Pandemic
- Nearly Every State Will Allow People To Vote Without Masks
- People Can Vote Without A Mask in Almost Every State
Sen. Durbin: Amend the Constitution to protect voting rights have 1177 words, post on edition.cnn.com at August 6, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.