The Spanish midfielder tucked away the decisive 12th penalty in a 6-5 shoot-out win over Lyon at the Stade de France, following a disappointing goalless 120 minutes, in what was the last ever Coupe de la Ligue final.
PSG’s victory meant they added to their Trophee des Champions, Ligue 1 and Coupe de France triumphs, further underlining their domestic dominance.
Sarabia told Canal+ Sport: “It was an especially difficult game. But it’s true that we won four titles this season. It was important to give a good impression and show good rhythm before the Champions League.
A trophy at the end of the night pic.twitter.com/WuIgbT3OnY
— Paris Saint-Germain (@PSG_English) July 31, 2020
“This win will give us confidence. There’s a great confidence in the team. Now we want to make sure we’re physically ready for the game against Atalanta.”
That clash with the free-scoring Italians is the Champions League quarter-final game that will take place in Lisbon on August 12.
Sarabia’s midfield colleague Marco Verratti said PSG would deservedly celebrate on Friday before turning their focus to Atalanta.
Verratti told France 2: “To play a 120-minute match, after a four-month hiatus … we suffered. It’s nice to win at the end.”
He added, according to L’Equipe: “We’re going to party and tomorrow we’ll be thinking about another great match.”
Asked about Marquinhos and Thiago Silva who went off with physical complaints, Verratti said both were “doing well”.
“They had a bit of cramp,” he added. “Playing 120 minutes isn’t easy, but it’s nothing serious.”
- Liverpool vs PSG, Champions League: live score and latest updates
- Champions League draw highlights and reaction
- Lionel Messi destroys Tottenham with one of the great Champions League displays
- Henderson: Champions League final loss making Reds even stronger
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Barcelona, Champions League: live score updates
- Klopp on getting over Liverpool's Champions League final loss
- Incredible that Liverpool were in Champions League pot three
- Paris St Germain boss Tuchel: Job not dependent on Champions League success
- The Champions League is Back, but Who’s Going to Win It?
- Salah feeling no ill effects of Champions League final injury, says Klopp
- Napoli to complain to UEFA after drawing Liverpool in Champions League
- The true size of Liverpool's Champions League task revealed
- Jose Mourinho in a fresh attack on his own players after Valencia bore draw in the Champions League
- Super sub Firmino hands Liverpool flying Champions League start over PSG
- UEFA Champions League: Neymar stars with hat trick as PSG thumps Red Star 6-1
- Champions League: With Cristiano Ronaldo gone from Real Madrid is it more open than usual?
- Football: French authorities investigating possible match-fixing in Champions League fixture
- Adam Peaty eyeing clean sweep after 4 x 100metre mixed medley relay gold
- Teen who spoke no English gets 'clean sweep' of GCSE 9 grades
- Champions League: Angry Pochettino takes frustrations out on media, while Liverpool strike late
Sarabia says clean sweep puts PSG on a high for Champions League mission have 627 words, post on www.mykhel.com at August 1, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.