Huynh Sang simply looked for a way to send positivity to child cancer patients through gifts of DIY ship models, but what he created turned out to be way more than that. Sang’s home on Lac Long Quan Street, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City, was seen in late July harboring over 100 model ships, enough to wow any visitors. The collection covers a multitude of ship and vessel designs throughout history: from sailboats and sampans – a kind of flat-bottomed wooden boat with one on-board shelter – to battleships and aircraft carriers, even the infamous passenger liner Titanic. From drawers to the floor, virtually every space inside Sang’s home is occupied by model ships. Some other unfinished ship miniatures were in various stages of being built. According to Sang, this whole endeavor started from the idle hours during the COVID-19 social distancing order back in April, taking advantage of the quality time with his son by building a compact ship model. As he spent more time on the hobby, he grew more and more engrossed with his newfound interest. After the humble early project of building a sampan, Sang further honed his skills to take on more complicated projects… Read full this story
- NHS trust cancels ALL cancer surgery for two weeks as doctors make priority lists to choose which patients get treated first 'if the coronavirus outbreak cripples hospitals'
- Peyton Manning Fast Facts
- Spider-Man out of Marvel Cinematic Universe after Disney split with Sony
- Third Man Records to Livestream Daily Performances
- Does whatever a hero can! Couple who dress as Spider-Man and Spider-Gwen to visit sick children in hospital vow to keep spreading joy with video calls for patients amid coronavirus lockdowns
- Man dumped by girlfriend when doctor misdiagnosed terminal cancer as an STD
- Dad with breast cancer refused access to online support groups 'because he’s a man'
- EXCLUSIVE: MIT professor father of Hope Hicks' new man accused his Goldman Sachs executive son of hiring a Russian hitman to kill him and claimed he laundered $180million
- The Saigon Times Daily goes digital
- Saigon works hard to keep Covid-19 infection cases below 100
Saigon man sends boatloads of hope to children with cancer have 365 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at August 6, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.