Emeritus Professor Carl Thayer from the Australian Defence Force Academy has described Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung’s upcoming visit to Australia as providing a renewed impetus to bilateral relations. Following is the professor’s evaluation of current Vietnam-Australia relations and future prospect and Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung’s visit. “Vietnam’s Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung will make a two-day official visit to Australia at the invitation of Prime Minister Tony Abbott from March 17-18. This visit is particularly important because the current Australia-Vietnam Plan of Action (2010-13) to implement the 2009 comprehensive partnership expired over a year ago. In September 2013 Australia changed government. And the following year it hosted the G20 Summit that crowded out the diplomatic calendar. Prime Minister Dung’s visit will provide renewed energy to bilateral relations. The two sides will raise Australia-Vietnam relations to an Enhanced Comprehensive Partnership. This will serve as the foundation for a second Plan of Action that will develop new areas of cooperation and refocused priorities for the coming years. Since 2009 relations between Australia and Vietnam have developed comprehensively in both breadth and depth. Cooperation between two nations takes place in some main areas: bilaterally; regionally and internationally; economic growth, trade and…
- Sports Football inspires patriotism, national pride: Vietnam PM Paediatric cancer patients in Vietnam receive Lunar New Year love
- Sports Football inspires patriotism, national pride: Vietnam PM Simplicity of life in Vietnam
- Solar jobs soar as Maryland prioritizes renewable energy
- BMW Is Burning Cow Pies on the Road to Renewable Energy
- Jutanugarn, Lee to renew rivalry in Australia
- Sixers practice notes: Brett Brown calls for renewed energy following disappointing losses
- Vietnam to introduce code of conduct on social networks
- Ocean energy: "what we need to see is sustained support"
- Pushing down energy use — and bills
- XOOM Energy faces class action lawsuit alleging bait-and-switch tactics
PM’s visit provides renewed energy to Vietnam-Australia relations have 322 words, post on at March 13, 2015. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.