The country expects to surpass Bangladesh to become the second largest textile and garment exporter to the world market after the EVFTA comes into effect. — Photo baodautu.vn HÀ NỘI — Experts have raised concerns that Vietnamese businesses are slow in preparing conditions to enjoy preferential tariffs in the Việt Nam-EU Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA). Nguyễn Hải Minh, EuroCham vice chairman, said the EVFTA has taken effect from August 1, but only 2 per cent of 8,600 local enterprises know the details of this FTA and about 20 per cent of them know about the agreement at all. The important thing is that they must really understand the content of this agreement and its conditions. Minh said some textile enterprises are choosing whether or not to meet the rules of origin to enjoy preferential tariffs in this FTA. At present, the main import material of Vietnamese textile enterprises is still from China, so if they do not change suppliers their products can not satisfy the origin requirements in the EVFTA. “Some businesses say that if they buy the materials from eligible suppliers with higher prices to enjoy tariff preferences, it still won’t be as profitable as buying materials from China to enjoy the… Read full this story
- Communication Makeover Contest for Local Businesses
- 9 Tricks For Local Businesses To Increase Their SERP Click-Through Rate
- The future of voice-related SEO for local business
- Why Mobile & Online Coupons Are Fastest-Growing Platforms For Local Business Advertising
- 10 Questions Local Businesses Should Answer When Considering Online Deals
- What different consumer groups really want from local business websites
- How Local Businesses Can Overcome Obstacles To Mobile Conversion
- Which Is The Most "Generous" Search Engine To Local Businesses?
- 4 Tips For Taking Ownership Of Your Local Business' Online Presence
- Why Social Media Marketing Is Crucial for Your Local Business
Local businesses slow in preparing to enjoy preferential tariffs in EVFTA have 315 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at August 4, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.