A LAWYER representing Kyle Rittenhouse who is accused of killing Black Lives demonstrators has praised his client as a “shining example of the American fighting spirit”.
Blake’s shooting has sparked nights of violent Black Lives Matter (BLM) protests in the city of Kenosha, where property was damaged or burned down.
Gaige Grosskreutz, 26, was also allegedly shot by the teenager but survived.
But Mr Pierce took to Twitter to praise his client’s actions.
He said: “This is the sacred ground in Kenosha where a 17-year old child became a Minuteman and said ‘not on My Watch’.
“He is a shining symbol of the American fighting spirit. We the People must take back our freedom.
“The government will never do it for us.”
He added: “If you were Kyle Rittenhouse and a mob was trying to burn your city, what would you have done?”
Rittenhouse is charged with one count of first-degree intentional homicide, one count of first-degree reckless homicide, one count of attempted first-degree intentional homicide, and two counts of first-degree reckless endangerment.
If convicted of first-degree intentional homicide, Rittenhouse could face a mandatory life sentence.
Kyle Rittenhouse’s lawyer said ‘shining example of US spirit’
Most read in News
Hunt for man filmed ‘trying to rape’ screaming woman, 25, on subway platform
Sex offender ‘shot and killed boy after being seen on top of him’
BLM supporter told armed men ‘shoot me n*****’ before being killed by teen
BURIED IN SHALLOW GRAVE
Porn star, 23, charged over ‘murder’ of her boyfriend
‘BURN THEM DOWN’
BLM leader ready to ‘burn White House’ & put cops in ‘in f***ing graves’
DUMPED IN RUBBISH
Mom ‘slits four-year-old daughter’s throat & throws body in trash can’
Blake’s shooting comes amid heightened tensions in the US over police brutality and the growth of the Black Lives Matter movement following the killing of African-American man George Floyd in May after a white cop knelt on his neck.
He was shot seven times by Officer Rusten Sheskey, 31, who, along with the other officers involved, has been suspended pending a full investigation.
Wisconsin Attorney general Josh Kaul, investigators claim they found a knife in the footwell of Blake’s vehicle, which Blake confirmed he was in possession of.
Last month, Blake was charged with third-degree sexual assault, according to online court records.
Jacob Blake was shot in front of his children and left paralyzed
Furious protesters took to the streets for the second night in a row
Furious protesters took to the streets for several days of riots
- Student suspended for filming fight at her high school
- The Teens Trapped Between a Gang and the Law
- Vigilante Justice
- As Trump Dismantles Clean Air Rules, an Industry Lawyer Delivers for Ex-Clients
- How Colorado newspapers heeded a call to decry Trump’s anti-press rhetoric
- Here’s The Letter Explaining Why A Trump Administration Official Wouldn’t Allow An Undocumented Teen To Get An Abortion
- The Meaning of July 4th for the Negro
- Obama at One
- Florida's Post-Parkland "Red Flag" Law Has Taken Guns From Dozens of Dangerous People
- A look back at Trump's comments surrounding race
- Can Fox News Survive Without Roger Ailes?
- How they became us: Orange County changed forever in the 40 years since the fall of Saigon
- Who Set Jessica Chambers On Fire? The Internet Is Trying To Find Out
- Ophelia Dahl’s National Health Service
- The Perfect Wife
- About a Boy
- Concerts in Phoenix in July 2018: Shania Twain, 311 and the Offspring, Supersuckers
- After 20 burglaries, a Detroit church struggles to survive
- Hillary Clinton's alt-right warnings prove apt
- Vagrancy in the Park
Lawyer for teen vigilante Kyle Rittenhouse calls him a ‘shining example of the American fighting spirit’ have 651 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 30, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.