Webb, who was assigned to probe the investigation, released his findings on Smollet’s case and Foxx’s handling on Monday. He writes that Foxx and those working with her created false statements, later shared to the public regarding, Smollet’s dismissal.
In January 2019, The Empire star came under fire for supposedly staging alleged racist and homophobic attacks against himself. He was indicted on 16 felony counts in March 16, including one for allegedly filing a false police report following the January incident.
Webb’s report continues to say that Foxx and her staff demonstrated potential violations of ethics in their handling of the case. However, the prosecutor could not find anything criminal in Foxx’s handling.
Mark Geragos, Smollett’s attorney, responded to Webb’s report. He wrote that the report confirms that “there was no wrongdoing or undue influence by Jussie” or his dismissal.
Read Geragos’ full statement below:
“This so called “report” on Kim Foxx and the timing of the recharging of Jussie reveals the real political electoral motivation of Dan Webb and his cohorts. It’s a blatant attempt to take down a black, progressive, female prosecutor who does not fit within the white power structure. Jussie, a black, gay man who maintains his innocence, continues to be used as a pawn. Today’s report confirms what the defense has said all along—there was no wrongdoing or undue influence by Jussie or the defense in the dismissal of all charges against him and the second wave of charges is a blatant constitutional violation.”
- Trump 'wants to appoint a special counsel to probe election fraud and Hunter Biden' after Supreme Court deals him another thumping defeat in rejecting Texas AG's bid to overturn Biden's election victory in four states
- From the pulpit to prison: Lurid story of how a drunken serpent-handling Pentecostal preacher tried to murder his wife with a venomous rattlesnake is told in new documentary Alabama Snake
- Joe Biden's Attorney General Pick Must Insulate DOJ As Hunter, Trump Probes Play Out
- Trump tweets that Attorney General Bill Barr is leaving
- ‘No Ties to Prevent Fleeing’: Maxwell Was Divorcing Her Husband at Time of Arrest, Prosecutors Say
- Joe Biden Says Hunter Probe Is 'Foul Play' as GOP Seeks Special Counsel
- Trump Wants Special Counsel to Investigate 'The Most Corrupt Election' in US History
- Johnny Depp's Lawyers Say Actor 'Did Not Receive Fair Trial', Appeal High Court Ruling in Libel Case
- Abuse victims lament pace of reform / S.F. Archdiocese slow to implement change, they say
- Santa Rosa bishop has ‘raging anger’ over sex abuse, defends priests as ‘suspects’
- I voted to impeach Nixon: Here's the case to prosecute Trump
- Trump tells Hanukkah party that if SCOTUS judges have 'courage and wisdom' he'll win election legal bid - as Texas Sen. John Cornyn slams his AG for bringing case, saying states shouldn't interfere in each other's elections
- New prosecutor to handle Olin Berthelot case, announced one month after Ascension President Kenny Matassa's acquittal
- Should a special counsel be named for the Hunter Biden investigation?
- Trump labels his own Attorney General a 'big disappointment' and demands to know WHY Bill Barr did not reveal Hunter Biden federal tax probe BEFORE the election - as he retweets call to fire him by end of the day
- Lead investigator in Jennifer Dulos case says he's 'confident they're gonna find her' over a year after the Connecticut mom vanished and her estranged husband Fotis was accused of killing her
- Dominion voting machines demands pro-Trump attorney Sidney Powell retract 'defamatory' accusations
- Michael Goodwin: Hunter Biden investigation – to protect probe, Attorney General Barr must do this
- Report: Warnock Summer Camp Was Nearly Shut Down After Allegations Of Child Abuse, Neglect
- William Barr Steps Down as Attorney General
Jussie Smollet Case Special Prosecutor Finds “Substantial Abuses Of Discretion” In State Attorney’s Handling have 633 words, post on deadline.com at August 17, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.