Industrial production in January-July expanded at 2.6 per cent, the lowest rate since 2016. — Photo tinnhanhchungkhoan.vn HÀ NỘI — Industrial production struggled in July, expanding at just 3.6 per cent over June and 1.1 per cent over the same period last year, the lowest rate since 2013, latest updates of the General Statistics Office (GSO) revealed. For the January-July period, the index of industrial production (IIP) increased by 2.6 per cent, much lower than the expansion of 9.4 per cent recorded in the same period of 2019 and also the lowest rate in many years. The global outbreak of COVID-19 together with the reoccurrence in some provinces and cities of Việt Nam in the past two weeks pushed industrial production activities into difficulties again, causing disruptions in supply chains, despite a robust growth in June when the virus was successfully contained. In comparison, IIP in June expanded by 10.3 per cent against May and 7.2 per cent against the same period last year. For the seven-month period, the manufacturing and processing industry rose by 4.2 per cent, compared to 10.7 per cent of the same period last year, electricity production and distribution up 2.1 per cent, water supply and waste treatment… Read full this story
- Pay Raises and Training Expand in Donald Trump’s Tight Labor Market
- Vietnam’s CPI growth in 2019 hits three-year low
- Viet Nam’s GDP jumps 7.02 per cent in 2019
- Eurozone growth misses forecasts, as France stagnates and Italy contracts - as it happened
- Brazil manufacturing PMI falls to 50.2 in December from 52.9 in November: IHS Markit
- Christmas 2019: The curious tale of Santa’s official home you didn’t know about
- Việt Nam’s GDP jumps 7.02 per cent in 2019
- Data storage: Everything you need to know about emerging technologies
- 2020 growth target within sights: experts
- Sullivan declares President Trump has 'a lot of accomplishments'
Industrial production expands at the lowest rate in many years have 309 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at August 3, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.