In an attempt to benefit students amid COVID-19 crisis, a government school teacher from the border area of Uri in Baramulla district of North Kashmir has created a school website as well as an Android application.
Aijaz Sheikh, hailing from Chandanwari village of Uri who is a lecturer in IT, has created a website for his school, Government Higher Secondary Nambla Uri.
The most important aspect is that Sheikh has utilised the limited 2G internet services available in Kashmir to create a website and then, later, an android application-for making it easy for the students.
“This should have taken me just 15 days, but it took me around 3 months to get it done for the betterment of the students of my school and the staffers there,” Aijaz Sheikh told ANI.
“I along with other teachers decided to work on our school website following which we discussed it with our higher authorities. When the COVID-19 classes started, we also planned how we would start online classes for the students,” he added.
He said that while the website was created a few months back, the android application was published just 8 to 10 days ago and has been downloaded by the students who are taking benefit of it.
He also said that the students are not required to visit us from Monday to Saturday.
“The students of lower classes will get early exposure to information technology. The school website is addressed as http://www.ghssnambla.in and the android application is named as https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ghss nambla.ourapp,” said Sheikh.
“Our website has a lot of sections including the admission section. Now students can apply for the admission online. We also have a result section on the website,” he added.
- Best Android Apps for College Students in 2019
- Top 10 Android Apps – Back To School – August 2018
- 45 Best (And 3 WTF) New Android Apps And Live Wallpapers From The Last 2 Weeks (8/23/12
- 33 Best (And 2 WTF) New Android Apps And Live Wallpapers From The Last 2 Weeks (12/15/12
- 38 Best New Android Apps And Live Wallpapers From The Last 2 Weeks (1/28/14
- 33 Best New Android Apps From The Last 2 Weeks (8/13/13
- 25 new and notable Android apps from the last two weeks week including Pixel Shortcuts: Launcher, GoDaddy, and Tasty (8/4/18
- 23 new and notable Android apps and live wallpapers from the last 2 weeks (10/3/16
- Best Android apps of 2017 for your new phone, tablet, or Chromebook
- Best Android Apps for High School Students in 2019
- Santa Fe High School teachers return for the first time since mass shooting on campus
- 13 new and notable Android apps from the last week including Instagram Lite, BBC Sounds, and Navbar Weather (6/24/18
- New Android apps to check out this week (FEB 19, 2019)
- 8 Android apps to ease the transition from couch to classroom
- Top 5 Benefits for College Students Using Android Apps
- Making An Android App: A Beginner’s Guide
- Best Android apps: The ultimate guide
- The best apps for teachers and educators
- These awesome apps for teachers and educators make the grade
- 50 of the best Android games for kids between the ages of 2-8
Govt school teacher in Uri, Baramulla creates Android app, website to help students have 496 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at August 22, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.