Ruth Ben-Ghiat, a frequent contributor to CNN Opinion, is professor of history at New York University and the author of “Strongmen: From Mussolini to the Present.” The views expressed here are her own. Read more opinion on CNN.
(CNN)“Washington has not changed Donald Trump. Donald Trump has changed Washington,” said Ivanka Trump as she introduced her father at the Republican National Convention Thursday night. The scene as President Donald Trump accepted the nomination to run for reelection made it hard not to agree with her.
- Trump can't stop putting his top public health officials in tough spots
- Republicans Urge Trump to Maintain Pro-Life Policies During Pandemic
- Piers Morgan blasts Donald Trump for failing America on 'almost every level' as he warns populist tactics that got him elected don't work in a crisis
- ‘Love Is Blind’ and ‘The Circle’: When Is Trash TV Good, and When Is it Just Trash?
- Trump just passed on the best deal the planet has ever seen
- Joe Biden's campaign says Donald Trump is responsible for 'unimaginable pain and suffering' accusing him of 'failing on a historic scale' by 'buying China's spin' and then lying to the American people
- The Hill's 12:30 Report: Trump pushes immigration platform amid coronavirus pandemic
- Why Trump Deserves Far More Blame for the U.S. Coronavirus Crisis Than the WHO or China
- Donald Trump Signs Limited Immigration Suspension Order, Claims it Suspends All Immigration Into U.S.
- Trump Claims Remark About Injecting Disinfectant in COVID-19 Patients Was 'Sarcasm'
- News media stoke Gov. Cuomo narrative as counter to Trump
- Poll Shows 2:1 Support of Trump’s Jobs-for-Americans Immigration Shift
- Trump turns up the heat on 'unreasonable' governors who have 'got carried away' with lockdowns amid national protests from thousands demanding to be 'liberated' after president rips 'rude' and 'nasty' Democrats
- Trump seizes on economic crisis to push green card ban
- Britain doesn’t care about health inequalities. For minorities, that ignorance is deadly
- The Danger of Trump’s Political Accomplishments
- House passes bill to help prop up economy from coronavirus
- Thousands of Americans answer Trump's call to 'liberate' states from governors' stringent coronavirus lockdowns with mass protests - as Floridians flood beaches the minute they are partially reopened
- Congress set to pass $483B virus aid as Trump eyes next deal
- Trump’s Coronavirus Task Force Increasingly Ignores Trump
For Trump, reality is just a prop he doesn't care to use have 1316 words, post on edition.cnn.com at August 28, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.