(CNN)Two well-known physicians from Florida, a father and son, have died from Covid-19 complications, according to a family member. Dr. Carlos Vallejo, 57, and his father, Dr. Jorge Vallejo, 89, were hospitalized during the early morning hours of Father’s Day. They died five weeks apart, said Carlos’ son, Charlie Vallejo. Dr. Jorge Vallejo was a retired obstetrician and gynecologist who practiced for more than 45 years in the Miami area and treated celebrities, like salsa singer Celia Cruz. He was known for delivering one of the smallest babies in the world, a 22-week-old who weighed 15 ounces. He moved his family, including a 2-year-old Carlos, to Miami from Guantanamo, Cuba, in 1965. All three of his sons studied medicine, too. Dr. Jorge Vallejo, 89, was a celebrated OB/GYN who delivered one of the smallest babies in the world during his career. Dr. Carlos Vallejo was on the frontlines of the pandemic, suiting up in full personal protective equipment and treating dozens of Covid-19 patients at any point in time. Read More Charlie Vallejo told CNN his father treated his patients like family. “He cared too much,” Charlie Vallejo said. “He died a hero.” They died weeks apart Jorge died on… Read full this story
- Eight-month pregnant nurse Mary, who died of coronavirus but whose baby was saved, lost her father 'to virus' just two weeks ago
- New mother, 29, dies from coronavirus without ever being allowed to cuddle her son who she had given birth to just days before
- Father-of-eight dies of coronavirus aged just 34 after believing he had recovered from the killer infection as well-wishers raise more than £90,000 for his devastated family
- 69-year-old Meghalaya doctor dies of coronavirus COVID-19, 6 of his family members test positive
- Diabetic mother-of-three, 37, dies a week after giving birth to her third daughter and days after messaging a friend 'I feel anxious bringing a child into this mess'
- Doctor documents ‘torture’ of seeing son, 4, battle coronavirus
- Mother-of-four who gave birth while fighting coronavirus dies three weeks after she welcomed her baby boy - without ever getting to hold him
- 'I begged the paramedic, but they left': Husband of Filipino nurse, 50, who worked for NHS for 18 years tells how ambulance crew refused to take her to hospital... nine days before she died of coronavirus after he drove her himself
- 2 died with coronavirus weeks before 1st US virus death
- Coping With COVID-19 Crisis: Deepak & Gotham Chopra’s New Podcast ‘Now For Tomorrow’ Is A Father-Son Mission Offering Advice & Hope
Father and son doctors die of coronavirus weeks apart after being hospitalized on Father's Day have 421 words, post on edition.cnn.com at August 12, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.